• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trackcar OFFLINE  

trackcar
  • Member No: 15296
  • 26 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Over the weekend we had our CC 2155 up at the cabin mowing the place. The stuff that was being cut was thick ( grass, vetch, etc.) and never got dried off completely due to daily showers. Anyway, it did the job with no real snags. On the way home, we got dumped on by an extremely heavy rainstorm near State College. Today, I was using a water hose to wash off the deck,etc. After I finished, I started it up no problem. It ran fine except the pto clutch wouldn't engage. Nothing at all. I checked wiring (visual) and found nothing broken or disconnected. I looked in the manual where it told me it could also be the clutch coil (don't know where it is), the control switch or it could be that the rotor/armature air gap is too large ( how do I check that ??).  Could the heavy work or heavy downpour on the CC have caused me this problem? I have had no problem in the past.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm betting on the PTO Switch and Possibly the relay.I washed my 2165 with the power washer and it wouldn't engage any more.Water got inside of my PTO switch and shorted it out.

Replaced the relay and PTO switch because our local dealer recomended to replace both at the same time.That fixed it,it's been mowing fine since.

Parts were cheap off of Ebay.$27 total

Switch.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b7e3679f

Relay.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc5cd3433

I tested both with an Ohm meter after I got the new parts and the switch was defenitly not working and the relay would work Some times but I suspect the points were burnt in it due to the switch shorting out internally.

Edited by EricFromPa, July 08, 2013 - 10:47 PM.

• Dieselcubmike and trackcar have said thanks

#3 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 10:37 PM

The PTO Control circuit on the 2155's is daunting to the inexperienced..  (**I was in your shoes too!)  This circuit takes a bunch of confusing turns to go through the interlocks..

The interlocks are:

Seat Switch

Reverse Safety Switch

Seat Switch Relay

PTO Relay

Here's your Wiring diagram..  

CC Wiring Diagram.JPG

Test the points indicated on the lower legend to ring out your circuit and find the failure..  

Good Luck!

• trackcar and JRJ have said thanks

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Since you said it had been pretty wet, I would start by looking at the connections to the PTO and maybe take the air compressor and blow them out.  I don't know the cadets very well, but on my JD 318 there is a pigtail below the pto that sits in the frame crossmember.

It has vibrated loose and pushing it back in tight solved that problem.

• trackcar said thank you

#5 trackcar OFFLINE  

trackcar
  • Member No: 15296
  • 26 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:08 PM

I got a new PTO switch and a new relay. That did the trick! When I put the new relay on, I wrapped some electrical tape around the plug-in joint to keep crap out. The old one was dusty and starting to "corrode". After cleaning it off and scraping the plugs it didn't improve, so as I said I replaced it also. Thanks again to all.

• olcowhand and JD DANNELS have said thanks