#46 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:42 PM

im good at keeping my mouth shut now lol were camping all next week for a honeymoon going fishing and relaxing for a week.all the advice helps guys

If that is your honeymoon... you got it made.

My wife and I just passed our 7th, that isn't a long time and I married an angel so I might not be qualified to GIVE advice but here it goes.

First, she should be your best friend because you should put her in that position, your old buddies are in the back seat. Simple as that.

Second, there are some things you can't un-say and/or un-do. Never cross the line of verbal insults or cursing (at her). Never cross the line of infidelity.

Third, if you want something... find a way to make her want it... you'll get it faster with less begging and less apologizing :)

Last, I'm not going to say to never go to sleep mad but I will say to at least always kiss her and tell her you love her. It means more to say it then, then it does any other time.

• backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#47 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 03:56 PM

So do your Ex-wives still talk to each-other?!?! :D

Very little, they're still trying to figure out which one was luckier  :(  :smilewink:

P.S. #2 is 26 years and counting :thumbs:

• Team_Green, LilysDad and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#48 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,305 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Very little, they're still trying to figure out which one was luckier  :(  :smilewink:

P.S. #2 is 26 years and counting :thumbs:

LOL John..  Nice-  A 26 YO gold-digger!!  :rocker2:

So you are the male version of a "COUGAR"?!?!!? :smilewink:  

• Team_Green said thank you

#49 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 07:09 PM

The male version of a COUGAR  is pronounced CODGER. As in, you sly codger you!

• Team_Green, WNYTractorTinkerer and A.C.T. have said thanks

#50 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 07:21 PM

The male version of a COUGAR  is pronounced CODGER. As in, you sly codger you!

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:  No No No >>  #2 Marriage has been 26 years :love:

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#51 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Did you forget your talking about John???? I'm thinking the first wife made sure he wasn't full of gold.. maybe "full of IT"  :D 

• John@Reliable said thank you

#52 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,305 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Saw this post on FB today and it is fitting to post for this young lad to consider as he enters into married abyss..  (bliss)

Burned Biscuits - A lesson we all should learn.

When I was a kid, my Mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my Mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed!

All my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that ugly burned biscuit. He ate every bite of that thing... never made a face nor uttered a word about it!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said, "Honey, I love burned biscuits every now and then."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Mom put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides, a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!"

As I've grown older, I've thought about that many times. Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today... that you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket... keep it in your own."

So, please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burned one will do just fine.
And PLEASE pass this along to someone who has enriched your life--I just did!
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

"Would you please pass the jelly!!!"

• shorty, backwoods, twostep and 2 others have said thanks

#53 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Congrats!  There is some really good advice. If I had to pick one, communication would be it.  As with anything worthwhile, it takes work and is not always easy.

Think long term. 63 years for my in laws, 52 for mine and I have been married 21 years.

#54 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:51 AM

well tonite is the rehearsal dinner then getting married tomorrow at 3pm woohoo surprising im not nervous one bit problly cause well have good food fresh pulled pork bbq then CAKE!!!!!!!!

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#55 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Your not nervous cause she is the right one... in your eyes its just one more day.. keep in mind its NOT just one more day in her life..

• twostep and LilysDad have said thanks

#56 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Your not nervous cause she is the right one... in your eyes its just one more day.. keep in mind its NOT just one more day in her life..

good call.

I wasn't nervous until they opened the doors at the back of the church and I saw that angle standing there in white dress... from that point on I was a nervous wreck because I wanted it to be perfect for her!!

#57 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:12 AM

good call.

I wasn't nervous until they opened the doors at the back of the church and I saw that angle standing there in white dress... from that point on I was a nervous wreck because I wanted it to be perfect for her!!

Yep, that's about when I got nervous too, when I saw her turn that corner to started up the isle.

I like the biscuit story. I've neard the same about husband drinking tea for years and finally told the wife he didn't want any. She said" but you love tea". He said, no I don't , Ive just been drinking it cause you made it for me.

Little humor related to burnt biscuits...my dad always said my mom treated him like a god, he got regular burnt offerings :bigrofl:

#58 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 12:27 PM

well tonite is the rehearsal dinner then getting married tomorrow at 3pm woohoo ...   CAKE!!!!!!!!

Just be sure to take some pictures for us!!!

#59 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:08 PM

i dont take many pictures so hopefully someone will lol knowing how my better half is im sure therell be a ton of pictures taken

#60 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,607 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:28 PM

The Lord Grants a Wish

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer.All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."

Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said,"Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said,"Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want to."

The Lord said,"Your request is very materialistic.Besides, think of the logistics of that kind of undertaking.The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific!The concrete and steel it would take!

I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things.Take a little more time and think of another wish,a wish you think would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time.

Finally he said,"Lord, I wish that I could understand women.I want to know how they feel inside,what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment,why they cry,what they mean when they say 'nothing',and how I can make a woman truly happy."

After a few minutes God said, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

• Alc, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks