#1 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well, many of you probably don't know this but I plan to attend IUP for the Music Edu. program there.  I wish to become a Choral Director, and Vocal Coach.  I love music with all of my heart...  I thought some of you would appreciate hearing music as I find it, so I guess every once in a while I'll stop in and put a link on here to a song I really like.  Fist off, I'll put up two of me/my group performing.  I am the only Bass II, so everything low is me I guess...  We arent that great, as we had little time to prepare for these performances.  I'll also leave a link or two to other songs.

"Blackbird"

"Bridge or' Troubled Waters"

-As a side note, This perfomance was very special to me... It was the last time I got to perform with my two best friends.  The Tenor and Soprano graduated this year.  The Tenor is already off to Boot Camp, and the Soprano --also my girlfriend-- is going on an exchange trip for a year in Thailand...  :(

"Baba Yetu" (The Lord's Prayer)  Song was written for a video game... Neat, Huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

"Masterpiece" -The King's Singers --One of my favorite groups...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXhAz0DOpMU

Let me know what you think about this thread!

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, motobreeder and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Singing is a talent that many think they have, but few truly can sing well enough to be on stage to preform. If your like my wife and girls, you live to sing. stick with it and follow your dream !! :thumbs:

• Dane in PA said thank you

#3 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Singing is a talent that many think they have, but few truly can sing well enough to be on stage to preform. If your like my wife and girls, you live to sing. stick with it and follow your dream !! :thumbs:

Thanks!  I really appreciate it.  It doesn't take guts to get on stage... But to actually put your heart out there and sing takes guts.

#4 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:32 AM

i will have to watch those videos later on the computer

#5 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 06:59 AM

I love singing. Want to hear an awesome bass check out pentatonic.

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,582 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Truly a God given talent. Follow that dream. We tried to get our son to go to college for a music teacher. There isn't a musical instrument he hasn't picked up he couldn't play. He has other plans for his life. Follow you dream and yo will be happy. Your job woun't seem like a job more like an adventure. Good Luck. Keep posting. Roger.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Started in Music Ed myself. Decided it wasn't my calling after the first year was over.

Music is a blessing, cherish every note.

#8 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Here are a few videos...

"Let it be" -Inspirational video...

"For a Basso Profundo am I" -I find this amusing as I have a similar vocal range.  ( I can sing this piece...)

"Lullabye" -King's Singers (Great arrangement of a Billy Joel classic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp3FwkITQXk

"Groovy Kind of Love" -King's Singers (I love the build-up to "...my whole world can shatter," and the dissonance on the word "shatter" then the fall back to the volume of the rest of the song. That and the harmonies make this formerly take-it-or-leave-it song interesting to listen to.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3dsOeglzY

#9 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm on vacation and surfing with my BlackBerry Z10. The built in speakers are not strong on the bass so I will try again when I get home. I see you like the king singers. Another group to consider is Straight No Chaser. We (community choir) did a cover of their Silent Night. There's a strength that comes from the confidence of singing in public. It helps me in other ways. I look forward to hearing some solo work.

#10 Dane in PA ONLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 500 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm on vacation and surfing with my BlackBerry Z10. The built in speakers are not strong on the bass so I will try again when I get home. I see you like the king singers. Another group to consider is Straight No Chaser. We (community choir) did a cover of their Silent Night. There's a strength that comes from the confidence of singing in public. It helps me in other ways. I look forward to hearing some solo work.

I don't do any solo work, though that isn't to say I won't in the future but there aren't many good solo pieces written for someone with such a low voice...  I enjoy their work, but they always seem to be lacking in the Bass section...

#11 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hang in there and follow your dream!No telling where it will take you. My nephew went off to college and is singing in the San Diego Opera. Opera is certainly not my thing but respect him for aiming high and going after it. He has come a long way from the one horse town in Colorado he grew up in.

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 07, 2013 - 10:13 PM.