• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 02:43 PM

If only it was painted Two tone i would be sold! 

Yellow an White fer me!

attachicon.gifChevrolet_C10_1972.jpeg

I have a 1980 in that colour.. 

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have a 1980 in that colour.. 

Yellow really clashes with rust.

It's english...  :poke:  :smilewink:

Sorry! I was distracted by the .....    accessories!

#18 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Do i dare ask ??? 

Probably should let sleeping dogs lie...........   lol

#19 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:11 PM

If only it was painted Two tone i would be sold! 

Yellow an White fer me!

attachicon.gifChevrolet_C10_1972.jpeg

There is paint sold everywhere.

The truck is nice but it appears to be squatting. I hate that. Looks like a dog dragging its butt on the ground.

#20 JimD ONLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 680 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I was going to ask... did you mean you would like the truck, the blonde that doesn't stop for a stop sign or the sexy Camaro?

Well, if I had the blonde, she wouldn't get me to stop either. :smilewink:

#21 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 06:29 PM

Um im having second thoughts about the truck :D

attachicon.gif$(KGrHqZ,!pIFHHFRnkl8BRzfK(CWGw~~_4.JPG

Now thats the nicest combo i'v seen in a long time!! :smilewink:

• TractorGuy1994 said thank you

#22 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yellow really clashes with rust.

Sorry! I was distracted by the .....    accessories!

New front fenders, rockers, and cab corners soon to be on her... (the truck) then i will figure out the paint job i want...

#23 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Well, if I had the blonde, she wouldn't get me to stop either. :smilewink:

I think your ticker (not to mention your wife) would get you to stop...  :poke:

#24 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,727 Thanks
  • 8,908 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well, if I had the blonde, she wouldn't get me to stop

is nice but it appears to be squatting. I hate that. Looks like a dog dragging its butt on the ground.

Ya suppose she has worms?

• Team_Green, LilysDad and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#25 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Ya suppose she has worms?

:smilewink:  That right there is funny stuff...

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#26 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:13 AM

A twist of tobacco will take care of the worms! But as for the truck, it would take a lot of work to.....

#27 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,030 Thanks
  • 1,126 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'll take all 3!  That sure looked like Hwy 278 north of here.

They did a great job building the box for that truck as dually pickups were not available then, but the higher tonnage 4x4's were available with duals. Usually the buyer had to add a utility box or flatbed. I would take all 3 too, but would have to ditch the wheels on the Camaro too!-LOL

HDWildBill, I may live in South Dakota, but I know a little about Highway 278 in Georgia! It will always be one of my favorite drives! My Dad was born and raised in Crawfordville, GA right on 278. Unfortunately it has been 10 years since we have been able to make that beautiful drive from Madison to Crawfordville. We drove over to Thomson too on 278 in 2003, as there is a Wal-Mart there-LOL!

May I ask where you are at?

Later---DAC 

Edited by MFDAC, July 10, 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#28 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 09:35 AM

HDWildBill, I may live in South Dakota, but I know a little about Highway 278 in Georgia! It will always be one of my favorite drives! My Dad was born and raised in Crawfordville, GA right on 278. Unfortunately it has been 10 years since we have been able to make that beautiful drive from Madison to Crawfordville. We drove over to Thomson too on 278 in 2003, as there is a Wal-Mart there-LOL!

May I ask where you are at?

Later---DAC 

I'm in West Ga not far from Rockmart. Hwy 278 out here is a 4 lane from Powder springs to Cedartown which goes through Dallas and Hiram.  That part is very busy but the part in the clip that show the truck going out on the hwy looks like the stretch from Rockmart to Cedartown.  This is all on the west side of Atlanta.  The Silver Comet Trail runs pretty much parallel with Hwy 278 from Hiram over to Piedmont Al. 

I'm familiar with Madison and the area and you are right it is very beautiful over that way.  I used to go over there for a Bicycle ride each year and ride the roads for 3 days.  I've even ridden through Crawfordville,  I believe that was where we would stop for the mid ride rest stop on Friday.  Madison was the only town that was spared by Sherman on his march to the sea so all those big old houses still stand today.

PS: back in '95 the wife and I spent 2 weeks out west just looking around and spent a week in SD.  I can't remember where all we went but I do remember going to Laura Inglis home town and the Wall Drug store.  Most of the time we stayed up on a lake close to an Indian reservation where we got to experience some Indian traditions.

• MFDAC said thank you

#29 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,030 Thanks
  • 1,126 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'm in West Ga not far from Rockmart. Hwy 278 out here is a 4 lane from Powder springs to Cedartown which goes through Dallas and Hiram.  That part is very busy but the part in the clip that show the truck going out on the hwy looks like the stretch from Rockmart to Cedartown.  This is all on the west side of Atlanta.  The Silver Comet Trail runs pretty much parallel with Hwy 278 from Hiram over to Piedmont Al. 

I'm familiar with Madison and the area and you are right it is very beautiful over that way.  I used to go over there for a Bicycle ride each year and ride the roads for 3 days.  I've even ridden through Crawfordville,  I believe that was where we would stop for the mid ride rest stop on Friday.  Madison was the only town that was spared by Sherman on his march to the sea so all those big old houses still stand today.

PS: back in '95 the wife and I spent 2 weeks out west just looking around and spent a week in SD.  I can't remember where all we went but I do remember going to Laura Inglis home town and the Wall Drug store.  Most of the time we stayed up on a lake close to an Indian reservation where we got to experience some Indian traditions.

Sorry about the hijack everyone, I will reply to this and return you to your original subject! Yeah those houses in Madison are spectacular. I remember in the 60's there were still a few burned out Antebellum houses along 278 with just the big columns standing there but I think they are all gone now. I don't know why Sherman spared Crawfordville either since it was the home of the vice president of the Confederacy, A.H. Stephens. My Aunt was curator of the Confederacy Museum there for several decades. With all my southern relatives now gone, it's hard to say when we will get down there again.

I think The Ingall's homeplace was around DeSmet, SD way out east from where we are at. Wall Drug is about 54 miles east, so not to far. My wife is a teacher at a home for abused and neglected Native American kids up in the Black Hills. There are several reservations here with some on the Missouri River where there are massive dams and huge lakes. The Black Hills are my Mom's homeplace so the distance between the places of my ancestors is a couple thousand miles!

Later---DAC 
  • HDWildBill said thank you