Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

We Have A 1954 Bolens Versa Matic (We Think) Runs Kinda ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Its a 1954-1957 Model

Appears to have been painted at some point....

• HeatherBee said thank you

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,522 posts

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:44 PM

I can't even guess what that is worth. Prices north of the border seem to be higher than down here. I don't know if that is just the exchange rate. You might check EPAY. Check our Manuals Section for a free download of the manual. If you can get the engine running it will be worth more. Good Luck, Rick

• HeatherBee said thank you

#18 HeatherBee OFFLINE  

HeatherBee
  • Member No: 39869
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can't even guess what that is worth. Prices north of the border seem to be higher than down here. I don't know if that is just the exchange rate. You might check EPAY. Check our Manuals Section for a free download of the manual. If you can get the engine running it will be worth more. Good Luck, Rick

I cant seem to get a clear idea either on price.  I looked on E-Pay (he he that's funny)  and could only find one of the attachements for $149 bucks.   (US)  This is an adventure for sure.

She does run, thinking some fresh gas would make a difference.  Using "unleaded" shouldn't be an issue?? Or should we get her an additive??

Cash we are pretty much par, but still things are more expensive up here.  Autos are the ones that make me scratch my head.....our dollar is par, manufacturers are less than 500 miles away,   and we still pay $10, 000 more than our southern friends. 

My Poppa had a saying "Something is only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it"

I do appreciate the help ..Thanks Folks!!  I will keep you posted.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 HeatherBee OFFLINE  

HeatherBee
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 08:26 AM

Its a 1954-1957 Model

Appears to have been painted at some point....

The body of the tractor it seems ,  no, you can still read the original "versa-matic" on it in that gold colour, .....but the wheels and the handle, yes....My Father in law (passed 17 years ago) would sit in his garage...drink whiskey and paint EVERYTHING........red, green or yellow......

#20 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Here's a good picture of what the decals and paint should look like, it was quite common for people to re-paint these over the years and always seemed to use a dark green.

Attached Thumbnails

• versa-matic.jpg

#21 HeatherBee OFFLINE  

HeatherBee
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yes that pretty much looks like mine, except I have what looks like weighted wheels and a whole lot of soot and dirt on it.  Should actually wash it maybe?