• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• Member No: 4054
  • 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello every one. I have a 1969 for gt 100 the old modle made by jacobson. I am having some problems with the trassmission therd and fourth gear are not woiking the both have a bad nock and to my knolage the gears need to be replaced. My only problem is that I am unsure of the make or model of the trasmission. Last does anybody know if that transmission in the ford would be the same as in a john deere 110 or 112?

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:43 PM

I don't know but, someone who does will be along to help. In the mean time check out our Manuals section and download the manual that you need. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:24 PM

If it was made by jocobsen then I would think that they shared the same transmission? Not sure if this is correct or not. There should be an id tag somewhere on the transmission housing or find a manual and should be able to tell you the manufacturer of it. 

#4 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:49 PM

the main thing I have found different is the Ford transmission has the drive pulley on the left and the brale on the right. I have heard that a bent shifter will cause that problem also.I hope it is a bent shifter as I have 2 of them doing the same thinh

#5 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well I know for a fact that the gears have been damaged due to it popping out of gear and jamming into therd. I have looked on the trassmission and I can't seem to find where the labe would be. Do you know where on the transmission it would be?

#6 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:42 PM

It is the same rear end as a john deere. The only diffrences I know are the shift the axles and the drive pulley. I have a ford 80 with a jd replacement rear end.

• abushey123 said thank you

#7 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:10 PM

They are a peerless rear end. They where used in a lot of other garden tractors. You should be able to go to the manual section and get the break down. They are pretty easy to work on.

#8 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:32 PM

If posible has any one found one to me more helpful than others? Like which manual should I look for? And Bob which model john deere did the trans come out of and are the gears the same? Would they beable to come out of that gear box and fit in mine?

#9 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:26 PM

http://gardentractor...drive-products/

Here is the best manual for your trans. what you have is a Peerless 2300 series, go to page 70 of this manual. This manual explains everything very well.

I am not sure on the JD 2300 series? I thought they had the input on the opposite side? But It may be possible that the gears are the same?

I would at least open your trans up first and inspect everything. Also it is very possible one of out site sponsors may have a trans for this? You could send them a PM and ask. I think the tag for these is on the bottom left in the rear of the trans. I'll get a flash light in a minute and go check one of mine.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#10 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ok I just looked at mine, the tag is on the left side in the rear, It is in line with the drain plug. But... it is not visible because the frame is to close to it, so in order to see the tag you have to remove the trans. (not good planning on there part!)

• tinbender7 said thank you

#11 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 07:29 AM

What it looks like on page 70 my imput shaft is on the other side and same with the brake shaft. The case looks the same but just the shafts ar in different places?