• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 12:10 PM

I have had my 124 listed on craigslist for months, and months now... but no interest. At first I had it on there for $1100, and I figured that was pretty high, but then I would have room to move. I have now come down to $800, and I really do not want to go any lower. HERE is the ad I have posted for it. What do guys think it would be worth? The only "interest" I have gotten is from craigslist low ballers.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 01:40 PM

I would say it would be worth $550-600 only because they're are so many Cubs out there. Ian  

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:12 PM

I would agree with ian, nothing against you ryan. There's so many cubs out there that people pretty much can pick one up and alter what they need to on it. The k301 is a 10hp? Most classes are 12-14 depending on the club. Is the rear locked? any gear changes? These are some factors to consider. Is there an adjustable hitch for it and killswitch? what about a front weight boom and engine mods? If this cub is fully stock without these you might get 350-500 depending on the buyer. So its nothing against you are anything but I see a lot of these for sale and I know what they tend to go for. hope it sells.

• IlovemyCub said thank you

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Maybe list it as a regular GT & not just a puller. This way your attracting both types pf GT fans. If they want to pull it your including the weights. Like mentioned the Cubs are plentiful. Relist now to get it back on top of the list since it's the beginning of the month. Hope it sells for you.

#5 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:32 PM

I would agree with ian, nothing against you ryan. There's so many cubs out there that people pretty much can pick one up and alter what they need to on it. The k301 is a 10hp? Most classes are 12-14 depending on the club. Is the rear locked? any gear changes? These are some factors to consider. Is there an adjustable hitch for it and killswitch? what about a front weight boom and engine mods? If this cub is fully stock without these you might get 350-500 depending on the buyer. So its nothing against you are anything but I see a lot of these for sale and I know what they tend to go for. hope it sells.

Just one thing,  K-301 is a 12hp, a 10hp is a K-241. And his model is a 12hp. Ian 

• superaben said thank you

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thanks guys! I am surprised at the value, I really did think it was worth more then that!

Mike, it is a 12HP model like Ian said.

Sawdust, I have been renewing the add roughly every 48 hours.

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ryan, sometimes things just don't sell for what they are worth.  Been there.

Keep that Cub out there for sale.  One thing I have found to work is don't publish your price.  Get them to call you or email and come see it, then start waving green bills in the air once they are in love.

Ben W.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:31 PM

One thing I have found to work is don't publish your price. 

Back when I first started in the big tractors, this might've worked on me, but now I usually ignore the CL ad all together without a price... At the very least I get a "ballpark" number over the phone before i go look. No sense in wasting my time and the sellers time too.

Ryan, I think these guys are giving you good advice on the numbers and listing it as a GT and a Puller.
Darned shame when you can't get what you think it's worth and then some yokel gets ten times what they should for scrap on eBay because the buyer is a fool. Actually, the bigger shame is that the fool hasn't seen your ad LOL

You might try listing it with the weights, etc as a puller and without them in the F&G as a GT. Kinda double the ads and the exposure.

Good luck Ryan.

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm with Alan, run a separate ad with the mowing deck on and no mention of it being a puller. $800 is what I would have it listed for in my area. I would expect to get $650 out of it.

#10 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sorry about that guys its been awhile since I've messed with the gas motors Lol diesels occupy my time. Hope it works out for you.

#11 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:07 PM

"How Would You Value My Cub 124?"

It depends. Can I have your Wheel Horse?

#12 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:37 PM

"How Would You Value My Cub 124?"

It depends. Can I have your Wheel Horse?

As long as it raises the value of the 124 more then then what the WH is worth. :D

• LilysDad said thank you