Garden Tractor Forums banner

More Over Priced D B Items

896 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It must be one of them rare one off models. :D

The down payment is more than I would even pay for it.

#3 ·
These bogus inflated prices are getting out of hand. The original attraction for us was that these GTs were cheap to acquire and repair. If I wanted to pay antique prices, I would buy Kentucky rifles or carnival glass. .....well at least Kentucky rifles.

What we need to do is leak the story to the papers that the price of GTs has peaked and tanked due to the war in Syria. Tell everyone that the value of a tractor is totally worthless.

Maybe we need a forum here to tell folks how little these mowers are worth.

#4 ·
It must be one of them rare one off models. :D

The down payment is more than I would even pay for it.
Yea $300 would be more than enough.

#6 ·
These bogus inflated prices are getting out of hand. The original attraction for us was that these GTs were cheap to acquire and repair. If I wanted to pay antique prices, I would buy Kentucky rifles or carnival glass. .....well at least Kentucky rifles.

What we need to do is leak the story to the papers that the price of GTs has peaked and tanked due to the war in Syria. Tell everyone that the value of a tractor is totally worthless.

Maybe we need a forum here to tell folks how little these mowers are worth.
The "Whats it worth" threads are the main cause of price inflation in my opinion

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Another thing, I believe this has the wrong motor as well. Since I have one of these, I have been downloading every picture of these I can find. Mine is a '53 model with a square top Model 8. This has a round top Briggs, the engine tag is missing, so I don't know what motor it is. Also every one of these I see has a square gas tank mounted on the back of the motor, this one has a round tank mounted on the side. The decal on the tank is easy to find on eBay, don't know why he didn't replace it, he took the time to strip all of the red paint off and paint it with orange, and he took the time to build a custom guard or the blade, so keeping original wasn't an issue.

I am almost positive the motor has been replaced, but with what?

This is what it's supposed to look like.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle

Attachments

#10 ·
Another thing, I believe this has the wrong motor as well. Since I have one of these, I have been downloading every picture of these I can find. Mine is a '53 model with a square top Model 8. This has a round top Briggs, the engine tag is missing, so I don't know what motor it is. Also every one of these I see has a square gas tank mounted on the back of the motor, this one has a round tank mounted on the side. The decal on the tank is easy to find on eBay, don't know why he didn't replace it, he took the time to strip all of the red paint off and paint it with orange, and he took the time to build a custom guard or the blade, so keeping original wasn't an issue.

I am almost positive the motor has been replaced, but with what?

This is what it's supposed to look like.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Sorry, I'm a bit off topic here, but what is the black "tube" going up the handlebar from the engine?

#13 ·
Yes! So, so deflate your responses. A good Wheel Horse or CC is worth $200, tops!
Were else did we see a over priced DB??? hmmmmm.....

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.