• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 01:30 AM

So lately ive been having this "itch" to build another toy. Want to kinda build another puller, but want to do something that I can use around the yard throughout the year. I have 1450 and a 122 roller sitting in the shed and 13hp yanmar laying in the garage. So I have a few directions to choose from. If I put it in the 1450 it would be my chore boss, towing yard carts and moving things around. If I put it in the 122 it would be a show tractor/puller. Ive seen it done before but I would have to beef the rear up a bit to handle it all. And if anyone is thinking that the engine would be massive in the 122, trust me im a fabricator so itll fit just like a glove without major cutting and what not. So what does everyone think? Right now its just something to play with since I have frames and the yanmar sitting around I figured its time to build something different.

• olcowhand and JRJ have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 06:03 AM

Both sound interesting Mike! Since I'm not into pulling I would rather see the 1450 converted to a diesel worker. Would that 13hp

Yanmar really be a good choice for a competitive puller? I would think you'd want to start with something larger.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 08:12 AM

That 13 horse yanny a 2-cylinder?

#4 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Its on the small edge of the 3 cylinder dan. And brian, if I did make it into a puller it would be just for fun nothing serious I would just run smaller gears and a smaller tire and make a few minor adjustments to the motor to get what I need. I don't want to sink a lot of money into this so I might just go along the lines of putting it in the 1450 but turn it around so it runs off the front puller so I don't have to flip the carrier in it. Its just a play toy for right and it gives me an excuse to make something else that smokes :D

#5 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have two of those engines and one installed in a tractor. Darned nice engine. Very compact and good power for the size. I would put it in the 1450 just because I like the hydraulic lift. Very quiet also.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#6 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 01:08 AM

I was thinking about maybe putting a dump bed on it but not quite sure how I would operate it? Any opinions with this guys? Not sure what all I would want to do with but I don't want to invest a lot of money into it, kinda want to keep it a budget build if I can.

#7 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:16 AM

This is how I did mine. 

dumpster 004.JPG

It will be the first of next week before I will be able to come up with more information. 

• Dieselcubmike said thank you