Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Gibson Super D?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8084
  • 988 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm thinking about writing this fellow to let him know that this is absolutely not, in any way, a Gibson Super D.  As far as I can tell, the only Gibson parts on that tractor may be, although I cannot say for sure without a closer look, are the two side framerails (maybe - I'd need to see them closer), and it may perhaps be using a Borg Warner T-96 transmission, also used on Gibsons.  Other than those two possible things (not even for sure), I cannot spot another single Gibson part on there.  It's likely an honest mistake on the seller's part, so maybe I should let them know.  ACtually, the more that I look at it, I'm thinking those aren't Gibson framerails either.  I don't see the right holes near the front for the proper Gibson engine mount/crossmember ....  Looks totally homemade to me, and it likely served its purpose well.

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:57 PM

At least the price isn't through the roof.  Usually people like to use high volume sales words in their ad to get people to look.  Gibson is one of those words these days.

Ben W.

#3 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 07:49 AM

its a cool looking tractor if that what ya can call it. be fun at shows for sure after the "custom grill" is removed and some of the other ad ons