• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 12:53 AM

I had a buddy who had a R-50, he would let me ride it once in awhile.  Once you got use to the drive shaft, coming from a chain drive bike, it was quite a nice bike and very, very comfortable.  He had megaphones on it and it sounded pretty good. 

Was it something like these?

attachicon.gifHumbee.jpeg   attachicon.gifHumbee2.jpeg

But I think I would have preferred this:

attachicon.gifHumbee3.jpeg

That blue and white thing is the one!  Our's was orange, leaked exhaust smoke into the cab and had minimum brakeing capability which was alright because it also had minumum acceleration capability!  I think the boss thought I'd like to run it because it was "like a motorcycle"... WRONG!:D

My '58 R-50 had reverse cone megs on it and really sounded good.  My buddy also had the same model but it was a German domestic model w/kilometers on the speedo instead of MPH.  Ridin' them 2 side by side was music to the ears!:D

• HDWildBill said thank you

#17 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • Member No: 9791
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 05:34 AM

I work at Fort Cherry Golf Club. It's a small 18 hole public course. Do you work at a course or do you do the service work on the machines?

I'm the Equipment Manager for the golf and grounds department here: http://turningstone.com/golf/

and I also run my own business repairing turf equipment out of my shop at home.

I don't have many Cushman's come through the door any more but I have worked on them. Might be able to help with some info if needed.

• farmerall said thank you

#18 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm the Equipment Manager for the golf and grounds department here: http://turningstone.com/golf/

That sounds a LOT like the Robert Trent Jones golf trail that we have in Alabama.............

• bh115577 said thank you

#19 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted July 05, 2013 - 07:14 PM

I don't have many Cushman's come through the door any more but I have worked on them. Might be able to help with some info if needed.

That must be a lot of equipment to manage and those are some nice courses.

• bh115577 said thank you