• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 dhrandy OFFLINE  

dhrandy
  • Member No: 38622
  • 9 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:37 PM

I thought I'd introduce myself and my new toy. I'm from Concord, NC and former Air Force (4 years). I bought a David Bradley a couple of weeks ago with the intentions of using it to create a garden. I bought it off Craigslist for a decent price. It is a 1950 model with a 1985 Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp motor. I've changed the spark plug, added new belt, added sticker to the gas tank, added new engine bolts (it only had 2), added new pin for front clip, flipped the clutch disc, added new muffler, and changed the oil.

The David Bradley came with a potato plow and a friends father is going to give me a cultivator for free. I'm really wanting to get a turn plow and I'm having the hardest time finding one. I'm going to go to the Threshers Reunion Saturday and see if I can find anything there. It's a huge tractor show they have in Denton, NC. I also found a disc at my grandpa's (he's passed away) that he use to use that is a David Bradley disc. Of course the part that goes to the front of the David Bradley is chopped off. I'll have to do some fabrication to get it to work.

I also made the David Bradley parking only sign you see in the background of the pictures. I bought the sticker and sign off ebay, then made the pole from a old curtain rod. I then painted the curtain rod silver.

20130630-DSC03009.jpg

20130630-DSC03010.jpg

• Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Welcome to GTTalk !  I don't think you'll have too hard of time finding a plow . I  think your potato plow would have been harder to find Good luck !

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Great looking rig. Thanks for the intro, pics, and smile (sign)

When you're searching CL in your area, a few people have the, and don't know what they are.

They will advertise them as horse plows to farm plows to flower garden decorations.
Search lots of variations. And possibly put in a CL ad with a pic of what you are looking for.

#4 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Welcome there are a bunch of David Bradley attachments to be had, if you get up to VA I have some to sell .But there is a good chance you will find some at Denton I have seen pics looks like its a nice show want to make it there one year

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your Bradley.  You have a real gardening machine there.

Ben W.

#6 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 12:39 AM

There's plenty of good DB people out in both NC and SC. I know some of them go to the Denton show, so you shouldnt have any trouble getting in way over your garage space with attachments. By the way there only about 53 different ones, so you should have them all in no time flat.

welcome to the forum.............................!

#7 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:41 AM

Nice rig you have there! Yeah, just check CL regular and go to the tractor shows and you can find stuff. A turn plow probably is the easiest item to find.

I've been wanting to go to the Denton show for several years now and probably won't make it again this year. There is another show in Arden, NC that's pretty good though that I will likely be at. There's usually lots of vendors at that one.

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 04:06 AM

:welcometogttalk: , and thank you for the photos.

#9 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 04:37 AM

I have a couple these myself a 1950 model and a 1952 model. If you want to sell the potatoe plow I would be interested.

#10 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hello there and welcome! :wave:

#11 dhrandy OFFLINE  

dhrandy
  • 9 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes. 

MH81

I do keep an eye on craigslist.

Littledeere

I'll keep you in mind. I don't know that I'm in a huge hurry this year, since it's already mid summer.  They do have a tractor museum that I want to visit somewhere in Virginia.

VSTROM803

I'll have to check to see when the shoe in Arden, NC is. Luckily Denton isn't too far from me.

@Amigatec

Sorry, I'm not interested in selling the potato plow. I plan on using it. :)

I am also interested in finding a hood for it, even if it won't fit. I've been keeping an eye on ebay for them.

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes. 

MH81
 I do keep an eye on craigslist.

Littledeere
I'll keep you in mind. I don't know that I'm in a huge hurry this year, since it's already mid summer.  They do have a tractor museum that I want to visit somewhere in Virginia.

VSTROM803
I'll have to check to see when the shoe in Arden, NC is. Luckily Denton isn't too far from me.

@Amigatec
Sorry, I'm not interested in selling the potato plow. I plan on using it. :)

I am also interested in finding a hood for it, even if it won't fit. I've been keeping an eye on ebay for them.

I would call this one and ask if they would send better pics of the implements. IDT they are all BCS stuff, the cultivators look to be DB and the partial discs look to be Brinly. In the back of the last pic is a plow showing, but I ain't see enough of it to tell for sure...
http://greensboro.cr...3777806914.html

Maybe they would sell the implement(s) separately?

#13 dhrandy OFFLINE  

dhrandy
  • 9 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 06:03 PM

I would call this one and ask if they would send better pics of the implements. IDT they are all BCS stuff, the cultivators look to be DB and the partial discs look to be Brinly. In the back of the last pic is a plow showing, but I ain't see enough of it to tell for sure...
http://greensboro.cr...3777806914.html

Maybe they would sell the implement(s) separately?

It would have to be a little closer to me. I forgot to mention I'm also interested in wheel weights. I'm mostly hitting the Charlotte Craigslist. We'll see what I find in Denton, NC this weekend.

• MH81 and VSTROM803 have said thanks

#14 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:11 PM

It would have to be a little closer to me. I forgot to mention I'm also interested in wheel weights. I'm mostly hitting the Charlotte Craigslist. We'll see what I find in Denton, NC this weekend.

You may want to check with this gentleman. I'm not positive but, I think he's the guy that I bought a hood and wheel weights from last year. He has lots of garden tractors and other rusty stuff lying around and brings in more stuff from auctions. He was very reasonable too. It'd be worth a try.

#15 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 04:08 PM

I live just south of Atlanta and have a turn plow if sell if your interested.
  • MH81 said thank you