FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:16 AM

A sandblast that is! I spoke to a good friend of mine about using his commercial sandblasting room that week. I took that week off, so I plan to load up everything I can and bring it down to use his stuff. He has a small dedicated room about half the size of a automotive spray booth, a huge sandblaster (The hose that you are holding is 1.5" !!)

Plus, he has a fresh air system suit too!

So, I plan to bring all the sheet metal off the hydro, 4 front rims, maybe even the rear rims too... I am also taking the foot boards off my 12G so that they can be done and painted before winter. Plus, anything else I can dig up and take with me! I plan on spending the day as it's not something that I like to take "advantage" of often.

Oh, I also plan to bring a cowl and nose piece with me to have some cracks welded because that is what they do commercially, rebuild bumpers.... :thumbs:

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:24 AM

Sounds like you will be busy :thumbs:

Let us know how it turns out

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:34 AM

Yea, it will be nice.... This is the same place that I used when I did my mower deck, seat pan, and rear rims last spring.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:56 AM

Sounds like a nice place to do a little work.

#5 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:43 AM

It's good to have friends like that!!! Have fun!!!

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 01:50 PM

Sounds like you're buying a steak dinner. Nice to have good friends.

By the way:
:wewantpics:

#7 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 05:59 PM

I used to have a room that I dedicated to sand blasting...Then I got more stuff...then I got even more stuff...then...you get the picture. It would be really nice to have access to something like that. You're very lucky to have a friend like that. Hope everything turns out good. Post some pics so we can all be jealous!

#8 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:39 PM

I will not really be able to grab photos of his shop, it's way too dusty to keep my camera on me for this, and I am not sure how he would feel about me taking photos of his shop. But Tim is a major first class kind of guy! I will take before after shots of the parts though!

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:05 PM

It is great having a buddy that has a setup like that, only thing better would be to have your own setup like that. Sounds like a great way to get a lot done in a short amount of time. Can't wait for the pics.

#10 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yes,I do have a sandblast cabinet in my shop, but that huge sucker makes child's play out of stuff compared to mine! I will put it this way, I will be sore the next day from holding back the hose, it has some serious push to it! I had problems blasting all the rust inside the fender pan on mine because in seconds, it would FILL the tool box up! I had to keep dumping it out and hitting it again!

#11 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well, my "parts pile" is growing! Today I did some work on the seat pan that came with my 12H and I plan to use it now. The fenders were all broken loose, and pretty bent up, but an hour or so with the welder and a body hammer has it looking like new. The common bent & broken grille was fixed and welded back together as well. In the batch is a mix of spare parts that I am also taking along to blast, like the seat frame that I want to have recovered for the 12G as well as the high back for the 12H. I am also blasting a set of rims for the Massey & my John Deere so that they will be all ready.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I still have to take the foot boards off my 12G to bring along with me, but for now this is what is getting blasted. I will e-tank the hood and the mower deck will not be done at this time and held as a spare. However, I think this should keep me busy!

I am also taking a cowl & nose cone in for repair so that he can plastic weld them. The nose ring just has one center crack, but the cowl is the best of three that I have. One was chopped badly and used to make a patch for the one that came on my 12G which had a chunk missing. I also cut out part of the lower section to make a patch for the bolt holes. Then all the bolt hole cracks can be welded up while we are at it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 09:32 PM

Man, if I were closer, your pile would be LOTS bigger!!!!!!! LOL And thanks again for the tape...arrived yesterday!