Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Trying To Make "the Beast" Pretty. Lots Of Photos.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,648 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ok down to some gluing and plastic weld on the console, decal applications, a tiny bit of touch up paint, new gas cap, and new hood support cable.  :usa:

Attached Thumbnails

• lack decals 001.jpg
  • lack decals 002.jpg
  • lack decals 003.jpg
  • lack decals 004.jpg
  • lack decals 005.jpg
  • lack decals 006.jpg
  • lack decals 007.jpg
  • lack decals 008.jpg

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#17 collinmf12 OFFLINE  

collinmf12
  • Member No: 10011
  • 114 Thanks
  • 197 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nice tractor !!!! , you get nervous and excited at the last finall steps of a restoration. When I restored my Mf 12H i was always hoping it would start on the first try. Thanks for sharing and the pics. Real nic tractor.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#18 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,648 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:12 PM

"The Beast" has a new name.  I am now naming it "The Superior".  No holes drilled for it, I used suction cups.  The photos that follow should be self-explanatory.  Just got the decals on and only lack a coat of clear in the next day or two and to decide whether I add the hour-meter. Oh and Dad's tractor will be in here with him on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Hourmeter and kinda done 013.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 014.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 015.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 016.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 017.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 018.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 019.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 020.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 021.jpg
  • Hourmeter and kinda done 022.jpg
  • Dad's MF 1650 001.jpg

• scuffy727 said thank you

#19 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 04:14 PM

Any attachments to part with? (especially snow plow) Have family in central OK and a daughter in SW MO.

Only a boom pole. Attachments down here are very rare, I have a tiller, and the original dump cart

and two blades  one for the MF14, and the other for the 1650 and 1450 as well as 4 decks , one rear discharge

• gtcsreg said thank you

#20 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:45 AM

"The Beast" has a new name.  I am now naming it "The Superior".  No holes drilled for it, I used suction cups.  The photos that follow should be self-explanatory.  Just got the decals on and only lack a coat of clear in the next day or two and to decide whether I add the hour-meter. Oh and Dad's tractor will be in here with him on it.

It looks good. Time to put it to work?

• gtcsreg said thank you

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Superior looks great. Nice tribute. Thanks for sharing.
  • gtcsreg said thank you

#22 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Is that a picture of your Dad on the tractor. I think I missed something, I'll go back and read the earlier posts, Superior is a good name. I have named a few of my tractors, but I don't really call them by nicknames often,  because I know a guy that has a Massey he named "fergie" and that seems pretty girly, so I shy away from naming tractors, it reminds me of that .

#23 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,648 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Is that a picture of your Dad on the tractor. I think I missed something, I'll go back and read the earlier posts, Superior is a good name. I have named a few of my tractors, but I don't really call them by nicknames often,  because I know a guy that has a Massey he named "fergie" and that seems pretty girly, so I shy away from naming tractors, it reminds me of that .

It's a picture of my Dad on HIS tractor.  It's owned by a lady about six miles away and she still uses it all the time.  I bought MINE last fall from a guy sixty miles away and it's a Snapper 1650 I painted as a MF 1650. Naming your tractors makes them harder for you to sell them (and makes a better argument to your wife about the fact you just can't sell it). lol

• twostep said thank you

#24 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Your tractor looks excellent, especially considering it's rattle can & not a complete teardown job.  She is NICE!!!!!!   :thumbs:

• gtcsreg said thank you

#25 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 01:53 PM

It's a picture of my Dad on HIS tractor.  It's owned by a lady about six miles away and she still uses it all the time.  I bought MINE last fall from a guy sixty miles away and it's a Snapper 1650 I painted as a MF 1650. Naming your tractors makes them harder for you to sell them (and makes a better argument to your wife about the fact you just can't sell it). lol

I lost my Dad to colon cancer in 1991, it was the worst day of my life and I think of him every day. I have 12 tractors, not tractor I would I sell, I'm very, very lucky, my wife encourages and supports my hobby 100%, we even picked up a tractor on our Honeymoon. My wife is my first mate, my friend, and my support. I make all the decisions, and take responsibility for all those decisions right or wrong. She is always supportive (not always happy) even when I am wrong and we survive mistakes together. She doesn't go anywhere without me and I include her in every outing I can. I bought most of my tractors from the original owners or thier families, so I consider my tractors as family, Maybe I should start naming them.

• twostep said thank you

#26 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,648 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 02:53 PM

I lost my Dad to colon cancer in 1991, it was the worst day of my life and I think of him every day. I have 12 tractors, not tractor I would I sell, I'm very, very lucky, my wife encourages and supports my hobby 100%, we even picked up a tractor on our Honeymoon. My wife is my first mate, my friend, and my support. I make all the decisions, and take responsibility for all those decisions right or wrong. She is always supportive (not always happy) even when I am wrong and we survive mistakes together. She doesn't go anywhere without me and I include her in every outing I can. I bought most of my tractors from the original owners or thier families, so I consider my tractors as family, Maybe I should start naming them.

I think so.  Sounds like you have a keeper like me.  The Lord blessed me with my soul-mate over 35 years ago.  I tend to have to many hobbies so sometimes she keeps me grounded.  She always loves me more than I deserve and I try to "spoil" her any chance get.  I'm really enjoying the garden tractor but in all honesty there are four other hobbies I've been involved with for years that take priority.  I know what you mean about losing a Dad to colon cancer.  It's very hard but I look forward to joining him in heaven when the Lord takes me home.  Maybe name a favorite after something your Dad loved and another after your sweet wife's favorite something.

• twostep and OkieGt have said thanks

#27 scuffy727 OFFLINE  

scuffy727

• Contributor
  • Member No: 601
  • 131 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:40 PM

It really looks great.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#28 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Wow...I just ran across this.  Great job with the restore!  I plan on doing the same thing to mine this winter.

• gtcsreg said thank you