• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 searspullingtractor OFFLINE  

searspullingtractor
  • Member No: 33411
  • 34 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 10:11 PM

You can build them both up.  Who likes what?

#2 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wheel Horse all the way!!! I guess the reasons why I say it is that I like it that Wheel Horses mostly used Kohler's (Am NOT a Tecky fan at all), Wheel Horses are very easy to setup for pulling, parts are very available for most Wheel Horses, and I guess the biggest factor is that my family has been a Wheel Horse family for the better part of 55 years now (Grandpa bought his first Wheel Horse back in 1960). Also, Wheel Horses seem to always do pretty well on the pulling track. I have owned one Sears and did not like it at all. I am sure the right Sears tractor would do well with pulling too, it just comes down to personal preference.

Edited by Wheel Horse Kid, June 28, 2013 - 08:22 AM.

• boyscout862 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:10 PM

I agree with taylor. It really all comes down to preference. I started out on a 1972 sears custom 10xl and loved it. There were days I could walk past all the cubs and there were days were the cubs would walk past me so its all preference. Wheel horses seem to be small and lighter so you can arrange weight however you need. Im not a fan of the Tecumseh engines either (been a kohler man for 10 years)

#4 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Like said, it is preference! When I pulled there would usually be a couple horses and a couple sears. Sometimes, the sears would beat the horses easily, sometimes the wheel horses too it without even thinking about what was behind them.