• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alcolvr OFFLINE  

Alcolvr
  • Member No: 20622
  • 5 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:35 PM

My S-10 Gear is in need of a ground drive belt change. I recently acquired this tractor and have got parts manual and owners manuals off the internet. It requires a matched pair and to look at the belt and pulley setup I can not figure out how to get new belts into it without at least loosening and pulling the bevel gear box back out of its position, hoping the double pulley comes out along with it. There is simply no room to loop new belts over the pulley attached to the bevel gear box. Anybody ever done a belt replacement on the old style Ariens S type gear models? My owners manual does not go deep enough to offer instructions on changing the ground drive belts. It was probably a "see your dealer" type of thing.

Thanks for any help!!

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,539 Thanks
  • 3,926 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Do you have the service manual? I am guessing it is in there.

I looked in my repair manual and didn't find to much more. I am sure I saw better cuts somewhere, just to remember where.

Edited by shorty, June 27, 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#3 Alcolvr OFFLINE  

Alcolvr
  • Member No: 20622
  • 5 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:11 PM

I have no service manual. Probably will have to do a search online. I believe the old gear models were not as popular as the hydro tractors. There is definitely a service/shop manual out there somewhere but finding it will fun to say the least. I do intend to loosen the bevel gear box and see if it will give enough clearance. No problem fitting belts on the transaxle pulley, just the upper one on the bevel gear box.