#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 09:48 PM

Finally found another 48" Two Stage Ariens snowblower for a decent price.It was a 5 hr round trip so with my old truck it cost half of what I paid for the Blower.$200 It's in good shape.The best part was that the guy asked if I had any use for some old Brigg motors.I asked how much he said take them away but you have to take them all 4 for the price of 0000$:laughingteeth: so I came home with them as well.I now have a spare parts blower or can be made to use.Plus 3 old Briggs and one 10hp Kolher.Two of the Briggs are complete[suppose to have been running] looks like I'll have to check them out some time this winter.I used the MF 175 to unload them from off the truck .Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• ariens snowblower 004 (Small).jpg
  • ariens snowblower 006 (Small).jpg
  • ariens snowblower 003 (Small).jpg
  • ariens snowblower 005 (Small).jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 10:23 PM

AWESOME DEAL!!!!
I like those Briggs Engine

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:13 AM

You got a great deal Larry. The Ariens snow blower does look like it is in great shape and you can't beat the price on the engines. I keep having that Adam Sandler movie pop in my head when he is asking for a cherry red ferrari for freeeeeeeeeeee! I think it was bedtime stories or something and we just watched it the other night LOL.

I love your spread up there Larry. You guys up north have some nice places.

#4 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:35 AM

Great score, I'll be glad to take the round tanked Briggs!!:D Plenty to keep you busy now and can't beat the price.
Peter

#5 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:51 AM

Nice find Larry! The blower looks real good and you got the bonus engines, not a bad trip at all.

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:54 AM

That's a great deal.:thumbs:

#7 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:27 PM

Great haul Larry! You got some really nice stuff and had a nice ride to boot! Keep us posted on what you find with the freebie engines!

#8 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:18 PM

I just got home from picking up another project.I haven't taken any pics it's to late plus wet and snowing out so wanted to just unload and get into the house.This tractor came with a 12HP Kohler in good shape,however the hydro is beyond repair,according to the PO.The hydro is in pieces and packed into a box.Anyway there's wheel weights,hubcaps,a snowblower and mower deck.I"ll have a better look at it tommoro in the daylight and take some pics.I picked it up for $150.I really basically bougth it for the motor,but some of the other stuff is probably collectable.Oh yeah guess I should mention it's a Wheel Horse Charger 12 Automatic.Got manuals for the tractor,snowblower and mower deck.I'll have to scan all this stuff one day and put it onto a cd and send it to George so he can download it all into the manuals section.The guy did say he wasn't able to get parts for the hydro and its been apart for a couple of yrs. I'll take some pics and post them tommoro.Well took a better look at it today and suspect it's not orignal motor as its only bolted down onto the one side of the frame and hangs way over on the other side.Must have been a narrow pan but now its a wide pan.If I have time later today I'll have to start it up just to hear how it runs.The hydro isn't put together so looks like this is going to be stripped down and taken all off that's usable for other projects.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• wheel horse charger 12 001 (Small).jpg
  • wheel horse charger 12 004 (Small).jpg

Edited by massey driver, November 12, 2010 - 09:57 AM.