Garden Tractor Forums banner

Mad Dash Run!

4K views 84 replies 21 participants last post by  skunkhome 
#1 ·
Heading to the far side of Lexington right now. Show ya what I'm getting when I get back. Member twostep knows all. He gets me in more trouble (great deals actually)! :dancingbanana:

#4 ·
There is no telling what this will be! The first time I looked at this, I figured it wouold be a bush hog, but then I noticed it was in the "garden tractor" forum, and not the "Bush Hog" forum! Although, I am still expecting it to be a Massey or a Hog!

#12 ·
Oil burner? Doesn't that mean a heating stove?

It's a little early for that, Daniel.

(Aren't you back, yet? Curiosity kills, you know.)

Ben W.

Reactions: olcowhand
#14 ·
Reactions: olcowhand and MH81
#22 ·
Do we need to send out the search party yet? Daniel's out late!
Yep, late, but I made it finally! It's another John Deere F935 like the one I have, only newer. Seller said injector pump must be bad. I didn't even care if the engine was stuck. Only has 1,300 hours on it, and everything is tight except for one deck spindle. Had it on Craigslist for $600, but I offered $500 & he accepted, so I shot to the bank for cash & lit out pronto! 3 tires like new, with one leaking at the bead. One old steering tire. New fuel pickup pump, and brand new radiator. He guaranteed the engine itself to be good, and said the hydro worked perfectly, brakes as well. He also said the diff lock worked fine & that the deck operated great too. I couldn't go wrong!

My plan is to keep this one & take whatever I need off my older one to get this going. MUCH better shape overall than mine. I didn't have a ROPS either, and I mow some hairy spots, so this purchase may save my silly self some day, but hoping not to test the ROPS at all! Here she is, flat tire, dented engine hood, and some sheet metal off the control area (he had some of that). Battery not included. He said I would have gotten one, but the druggies in his town stole it recently. He was a real good guy. He said his phone lit up like the 4th of July after I called, but he told them a buyer was on his way & kept his word to me. Some good people left in this world! :thumbs:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

#26 ·
It might be green, but you got a great deal! If you think the pump is good, what do you think is actually wrong?
This guy doesn't know much about them & had a friend look at it & he said the injector must be shot. But the clear water trap which is before the filter was only half full of fuel. I'm hoping he just has air in the lines. If not, who knows....he may not know about the electric solenoid that pulls the fuel rack open, or the rack could be stuck closed. There are a few things it could be. BUT, the engines are identical, so I can swap out the engines easily & try this puppy out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.