• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Well guys, got the Woods mower repaired easy this morning, so took some time for the F935.  It was horrible.....had to work maybe 20 minutes on it before I got her running!!!  :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana: 

I almost feel guilty......ok, I'm over that now!  :smilewink:

• MH81, OldBuzzard, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#47 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:02 AM

The problem reared it's ugly head again, but I don't think it will be too bad.  It seems the fuel rack is hanging up.  It died down on me, then won't run above an idle.  The shutoff shaft seems kinda snug, and when i work it back && forth fast while idling with throttle set high, it begins to pick up speed.  Looks like I'll be getting into the pump.  It's not worn out, that I know, as it ran great when it decided to.  Something is hanging up.

• TAHOE said thank you

#48 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:23 PM

I can let it sit an hour or so, fire her up, and she'll run great about 10 minutes, then when you reduce & go to give it rpm's, it will get slower to respond, finally not gaining rpm's at all.  Tomorrow I'll take the inspection plates off, use my parts blowgun to clean it up inside, then change the oil to see if that will help.   It is in the injector pump area somewhere.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#49 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Oh, BTW....I bet the injector pump is good. We'll see at least by sometime Saturday. I may not have enough free time to tinker with it much tomorrow, but I'm off Saturday! :dancingbanana:

Well guys, got the Woods mower repaired easy this morning, so took some time for the F935. It was horrible.....had to work maybe 20 minutes on it before I got her running!!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

I almost feel guilty......ok, I'm over that now! :smilewink:

I knew you couldn't wait that long, after all it is diesel lol
  • olcowhand said thank you

#50 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 05:36 PM

With only 1300 hours on the clock, I find it hard to believe the injection pump is worn.  I'll figure this thing out somehow.  I've only been into a diesel injection pump once, completely apart, but like 15 years ago.  This one is simpler, but still a challenge getting things back right.  

#51 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ohhh, go ahead and rub it in... :wallbanging:

seriously though, congrats. I just got back from picking something of my own but not near the good deal. Pic's will come tomorrow. Now it's time for :beer:

EDIT: Okay after a couple of  :beer:  I decided to snap a couple of pic's. Not the DEAL that Daniel got but I still made out pretty decent!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0050.JPG
  • IMG_0051.JPG

Edited by twostep, June 29, 2013 - 12:22 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#52 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Been working on the F935 since 9 this morning.  Took the governor housing off, and no issues there.  Fuel rack slides just fine.  Put it all back together, changed engine oil & filter & tried her out.  All was fine till she ran about 10 to 15 minutes.  Then the stumbling began, and got worse till she died out.  I knew if I bled the line at the pump, it would pick up & do better, but with the engine shaking horribly, I couldn't see if air came out or not.  So even though this had a new fuel pump which put out great volume, I put on a new one I bought off ebay just cause it was cheap, and always need a spare.  Put it on & got the same thing, but this time it was running smooth enough to tell there WAS air when I bled it.  So I got my little 1 gallon gas jug & sat up high, then just dropped the fuel line into it.  Once I got the line bled, she runs perfect, better than when she was cold.  Super smooth idle.  Gonna run her some more like this before I'll feel the injector pump is ok.  If I can run it an hour or so off this little tank, then I may pull both saddle fuel tanks, clean & inspect close.  SOMETHING is up somewhere BEFORE the injector.........I think & hope!

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#53 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Ohhh, go ahead and rub it in... :wallbanging:

seriously though, congrats. I just got back from picking something of my own but not near the good deal. Pic's will come tomorrow. Now it's time for :beer:

EDIT: Okay after a couple of  :beer:  I decided to snap a couple of pic's. Not the DEAL that Daniel got but I still made out pretty decent!

Great old tractors!  Like I said, I used to own one & loved it.  Wishing now I had kept it, but sold it to my brother.....he trashed it!  :wallbanging:

#54 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:14 PM

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:   :rocker2:  :D  :D  :D 

Took a lot of trial & error, but I decided to hook my new pump to the filter assembly, pulling from my one gallon jug

.......ran great!   Not a filter assembly problem.  So I then hooked back to the saddle fuel tanks.  Ran fine for 5 minutes or less, then started dying down.  Hooked back to my gallon jug......cleared up in a couple minutes & ran great again! So I re-hooked to the saddle tanks, and same dying down......HAS to be contaminated fuel!  Fuel looks good, but something wrong with it.  After hooking back to my gallon jug one final time to guarantee it was the bad fuel, she runs like a new machine!  So both saddle tanks come off, get a good cleaning & I should be in business!  A super-dooper astounding buy!!!!!!!  I've been about 7 total hours getting it figured out, but worth every second.  If I get the tanks off & cleaned today (or at least one), I may be mowing with this machine tomorrow.  :thumbs: 

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Sparky and 3 others have said thanks

#55 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 02:19 PM

Congratulations!  I love it when you can figure it out and it becomes such a great deal.

#56 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:13 PM

I knew you'd be itching to get at that mower. That machine is in really nice shape Daniel. 

#57 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Congrats on a great score then!

#58 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Glad you got it figured out! Can I have the old one?

#59 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Glad you got it figured out! Can I have the old one?

I'd better keep it to keep the other one going till I kick the bucket!  :smilewink:   I actually mowed with her tonight, but so dark I had to use a flashlight!  You know how I am!   :D   Teresa & I went to town, so soon as I got home just after 9pm, I got the loader & lifted the deck off the trail;er & got it all hooked up.  It's noisier than my older deck being it has a loose spindle, and the grease fitting is missing from it, so no doubt dry as a bone, but I had to mow, even just for the 5 minutes I did.  

While in town, I stopped & bought some more fuel line & a couple "T" fuel line fittings.  Seems the check valve at the pickup tube in the tank doesn't function, so after sitting, about 5' of fuel lines dribbles back into the tank.   Then when you start it, all that air in the line fills the filter canister, and eventually air finds it's way to the injector pump.  My plan is to put a T right at the inlet to the filter assembly, putting a restrictor into the "T'd" off line, and then that restricted line will T into the return line to the tank.  By turning the key on & allowing the pump a minute to purge the air back through the return line, it should prevent air lock in the injector.  The fuel pump has plenty of volume to return even an unrestricted line back to the tank, plus keep the injector full, but restricting the return line ensures plenty to the pump and easily purges the air.

• KennyP, JDBrian, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#60 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:12 PM

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: Wow, that's great, glad to hear you mowed with it. Man what a deal, good  for you Daniel !! :thumbs: