20 replies to this topic

#16 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Not sure, ill have to remove my tunnel cover and check that out...... Gonna try mowing this afternoon......will check it after I get done this evening and let ya know.

#17 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Here's a pic of the hydro showing the internals.As you can see each side of the swash plate is mounted to a shaft with a roll pin.So if the roll pin breaks on the side of the netural linkage then it won't self center.Like Daniel mentioned  check to see if that both side move when you applied the forward/reversing pedal.That way it'll let you know if the roll pin is broken.Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• hydro 1655.gif

Edited by massey driver, June 27, 2013 - 05:32 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#18 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Well guys under further investigation the shaft on both sides of the hydro move when the pedal is moved forward and back. Another thing I noticed(don't know if its related to this problem)was the parking brake won't hold. I'm guessing my brake band is probably wore out or needs adjusted up!? Has anyone tried ordering brake parts and hydro parts through Massey/Agco?

#19 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hey luke its actually got 2 brake pucks.When I did mine I used the brake pucks out of a snowmobile.It was from a Polaris I believe.The diameter was the same,only I had to cut a flat spot in the one side to match the old one.The flat spot keeps the puck from turning.Another thing to look for is to make sure that the brake disc is floating on the shaft.It's designed to slide on the shaft as the pucks wear the disc moves.Also check to make sure that the small balls are still in and under the actuating lever.You can adjust the brakes by turning the nut in,its accessed thru a hole in the frame between the tire and frame on the left side.

The tractor not going into neutral could also be that the nut # 3 in the linkage picture could be missing or the bolt broken. Hope this gives you more to look at and check. Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 1655 pedal.gif
  • MF 1655 brakes.gif

#20 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thank you Larry! I'll have to do some more checking! Appreciate the help!!! Luke

#21 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:28 PM

The brake pucks are available at partstree.com under snapper 1855/1655