6 replies to this topic

#1 1967bolens collector ONLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 03:44 AM

I sold the 1253 that I got from NJken but I took the cab off, wheel weights and the hydro lift.. I got 450 out of it with a blade and deck.. I polished up the HT20D and took the wheel weights from the 1253 and pit them on the 1225. I got a few pics

I have a gold plow from a early 600 I know they are the same but since it is a early plow is it worth any more then a regular tube frame plow?

randoms 009.JPG

HT20D looking sharp

randoms 002.JPG randoms 003.JPG

really nice hydro lift that was on the 1253 will be going on the 750 when I start that. this lift is in great shape

randoms 006.JPG

the cozy cab it is going on the 1050 but with the fenders being different its going to take a little fab work but it will work. I am going to make some mounts then sand blast and paint the cab and install some foam padding with a head liner, I am going to do it . if it don't snow here I will have to go to the snow, so Brian you will have a visitor and I will bring the 1050 with the cab an GK and the blower so you get to have the chance to operate a groundskeeper I may be your only chance in your life unless you manage to find one your going to fall in love. I bet you will have one in a year,,, don't worry  the cab has heat. defroster and a fan I am going to mount a orange beaker light in top the cab for safey and they look nice... I have one for each cab.. maybe I will habe the 1250 cab done. never thought I would have a cozy cab now I have 3

randoms 007.JPG

here is the 1225 with her new wheel weights and the 1050... the 1225 is getting a new set or ag tires really soon I cant stand turf tires on a tractor I use to plow an stuff.

heres just a random pics of just a couple attachments

randoms 008.JPG

the kids that got the 1253 was tickled to death with it.. his friend has a friend with 2 1253s and 2 other and this guy mike was texted me because i got the 1256 on craigslist, he asked, does it have hi-low range I said no it is a 1 speed hydostatic so I told him about the 1253 and I sent some pics I told him 375 with the blade and 450 with this nu=ice deck I got with the 1225, he drove it about 20ft an shut it off =, didn't even haggle about price he whipped the 450 out and loaded it up... I didn't want the tractor but to see how happy he was about it made my day I think he was around 17. he wanted the wheel weights really bad but I didn't want to let them go but he was one happy kid. I told him to join the forum hopefully he will. I am glad to see guys younger then I that excited about his first bolens... I just wanted to share the story about mike and mine, I think he will be buying attachments soon, he seen some if mine I think he creamed his pants when he seen my collection lol but u think we will have a new member on the forum real soon. I hope everyone enjoys my story and pictures... thanks again ken.... Sam 

Attached Thumbnails

• randoms 005.JPG
  • randoms 004.JPG

• MH81, OldBuzzard, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#2 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:02 AM

Some nice machines there!  I want to build a cab for my John Deere 420 for winter snow removal...

Smitty

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Nice.

The Bolens look good. Any progress on the little Suburban sitting in the corner?

I had a chance to buy a GK but passed. Would be nice to have one but it just dosen't fit in my collection.

#4 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Very nice collection, and obviously you're not hoarding them if you're selling. I really like the little dozer back in corner. Made me chuckle a little when you called the buyer a kid...had to check and saw you're only 22!...you're still a kid! Impressive collection for only being 22.
  • 1967bolens collector said thank you

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Quite a nice collection.  Thanks for sharing

#6 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 927 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Nice group of Bolens you have there. Thanks for sharing pictures you know how much guys like pictures of GTs

Edited by jms180, June 26, 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#7 1967bolens collector ONLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Nice.

The Bolens look good. Any progress on the little Suburban sitting in the corner?

I had a chance to buy a GK but passed. Would be nice to have one but it just dosen't fit in my collection.

its a feature project. maybe when the 750 is done.. I got a little bit left to do on the 850 an the digger then that will be done then the engine is coming out the 1225 for a overhaul. I love that 1225. no one  seems to have interest in the 1225's but mine is great. I like using the brinly cultivator on it it goes 8mph so I can throw the dirt between the plants so it cuts back on the hoeing ...

and thank you for the compliments on the tractors and my collection... I started with my uncles old 1254 when I was 6 or 7 then I found my 1050 in aug of 01 I paid 425 with a 36in blower, then a blade then a tiller and when i was looking for this stuff it was hard to find... in the past 5 years a lot of attachments have popped up like crazy and now I found these forms my collection has grown ALOT!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens 1253