Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Only Because It Is Painted That Way...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's a cute little thing, and in great shape, but is it worth $650 not running??

http://harrisonburg....3892601634.html

Ben W.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Member No: 8002
  • 11,745 Thanks
  • 8,920 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:55 PM

No, and that isn't a 46" deck either.

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:01 PM

... but is it worth $650 not running??

http://harrisonburg....3892601634.html

Ben W.

To a normal, sane person...no.

However to a John Deere Zombie, it's probably not all that out of line :D :D :D

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 25, 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:17 PM

To a normal, sane person...no.

However to a John Deere Zombie, it's probably not all that out of line :D :D :D

I'll be at your funeral, my friend.  It isn't long now, those Deere people all have antlers, and they know how to use them.  :rolling:

After I said that, I might have a funeral going on too.  :wave:

Ben W.

#5 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:31 PM

imagesCA0HCXPQ.jpg I was born at night, but not last night!

#6 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well guys I dont think hes too crazy..  I watched a very early 110 RF sell on ebay a few weeks ago that brought over 2 grand and it was in about the same shape  Plus he said it had spark and compression so I would think it just needs a carb clean.  And everybody adds a little to the asking price so you have some wiggle room when they try to talk ya down. So I dont think hes to far off.  Ya know that every one wants a 110 now for that Deere show coming up. Maybe that drove the price up a little too.  

I would love to see what Troy thinks.   Does this make me a John Deere Zombie ?   :driving_big_tractor:

#7 willy OFFLINE  

willy

• Member No: 8423
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:59 PM

And the fenders are already bent so the tires don't rub . Custom cost extra

#8 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Well, the price is a little more than I would spend, especially if it was going to be restored to a show tractor. As a restorer, I can't afford to spend anymore than $350.00 for a tractor, since it costs so much to get all of the missing pieces, new decals, paint, tires, and belts. You can't put too much into these tractors, as you'll never be able to get your money back out them. If it was bought to stay in the collection, then I might go a little higher on the asking price, but I still wouldn't go this high.

From what I can tell, the tractor is missing the pto guard ($75.00), the motor/generator shield ($65.00), the steering wheel cap($45.00), the mower deck belt cover($30.00), and the original muffler($96.00). To find all of these pieces, you're looking to spend at least between $300-$350.00. His asking price plus the price of these missing parts, you're already up to almost $1,000.00, and you haven't even heard the transmission or motor yet to see how they are. I think a more resonable selling price would be in the neighborhood of between $350.00 - $400.00. Ideal price would be $250.00. I am glad to see however, that he does have the year (1965) correct. Most sellers always assume they have the first year 110, and list them as a rare 1963, when in reality they turn out to be a more plentiful 1966 or 1967.

Just my opinion guys, so take it for what it's worth.

Edited by johndeereelfman, June 26, 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#9 IlovemyCub OFFLINE  

IlovemyCub
  • Member No: 33704
  • 171 Thanks
  • 204 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:32 AM

I think its a little over priced, because for 1, it looks like it has been painted. 2, the round fenders are bent. And 3, its missing little parts here and there. I would offer him $400. That's my opinion. Thanks for sharing Ben! Ian. 

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:47 AM

I wouldn't say the fenders are bent. I personally think the guy just has them mounted on backwards. The left fender, as shown, should be on the right, and the right fender on the left. Mounting the correct fender on the wrong side makes a big difference in appearance.

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well guys I dont think hes too crazy..  I watched a very early 110 RF sell on ebay a few weeks ago that brought over 2 grand and it was in about the same shape  Plus he said it had spark and compression so I would think it just needs a carb clean.  And everybody adds a little to the asking price so you have some wiggle room when they try to talk ya down. So I dont think hes to far off.  Ya know that every one wants a 110 now for that Deere show coming up. Maybe that drove the price up a little too.  

I would love to see what Troy thinks.   Does this make me a John Deere Zombie ?   :driving_big_tractor:

I bet he would take 500.00, if it were close, I might make a offer. This is a 450.00 tractor tops, and he would probably sell it for that so he really should be more reasonable on the price, I know a few people that will tell him he is way to high, not really their place to do so, but hey, I've sinned as well. Some people low ball and degrade these old tractors and what they are "worth" and I realize that many people wont pay over 250.00 for most tractors, no matter what they are, that's fine. if I win the lottery, I'm going to contact everyone I know and buy all those tractors that are only worth 250.00, (big hearty laugh), but all too true. Now granted there are way too many clunkers out there for ridiculous prices, but the old JD110 RF is a great old collector tractor.  I sold my 1965 for 900.00 and it was in better shape paint wise, but no lights. I'm not a JD fan at all, but I wish I never sold that little 110 RF. We shouldn't degrade the poster of this ad or the tractor, after all we are in a club that promotes saving and collecting them, it isn't a Murray, so he wants a little to much, is that a reason to pick on him? I saw a pristine wheel horse GT14 on CL for 150.00 from an old guy that wanted it gone, I sent the link to a friend and he bought it, I've seen those go for 700.00 in many places in good shape, we dont post ads like that and tell everyone what kind of great guy he is. I really like it when we pick on the guy that has a 1985 Craftsman ll for 1000.00 but that's different, but still not right, lol, There are people on this forum that collect those tractors as well. I'm not judging anyone here, I've done the same things and said the same things, Just food for thought and encouragement to always take the high road.

#12 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 08:36 PM

We shouldn't degrade the poster of this ad or the tractor, after all we are in a club that promotes saving and collecting them, it isn't a Murray, so he wants a little to much, is that a reason to pick on him?

Good points all around. 

Ben W.