Finaly Back Into The Diesel Gt Club

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 09:59 PM

Still got this old girl, she has been down since before Christmas.  Lost a seal on my rear injector, reminds me of an olive gasget on a cars exhaust system, made of a soft graphite looking material that clamps down between the injector and the precombustion chamber.  Seals the combustion gasses that can get past the glow plug from the outside world.  No longer made at the moment by Yanmar, but told this may change by Martin Diesel Services, USA distributor of Yanmar parts.   So, I finaly found a good used head with intact seals and I am in the process of putting her all back together.  Waiting on the new head gasget to finish her up.  She is an odd ball, a strange mix of SCUT and GT technology and a dead end at that.  Newer SCUTs can do so much more and are about the same physical size.  Just much more expensive!   I am hunting a rear cat 0, 3pt mount finish mower for 2000rpm pto speed.   I know JD and Cub Cadet made them for the super gt's years ago.   Mike

• toppop52 said thank you

#17 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,211 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 07:14 AM

MF had several 2000 rpm attachments as well. Love the tractor!

#18 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,312 Thanks
  • 4,909 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 10:05 AM

Without seeing the seal you could consider making one out of brass or copper. Might save you having to buy a head. 

#19 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 12:31 PM

Already got the head, in the middle of putting her back together now. I was able to save one of the old gasgets from the old head and gave it to a buddy to see if he can remake it in copper.  It has a 45' beveled edge that mates with the injector body, then crushes slightly to seal everything up.  Its an odd design, not one I have seen in any other small diesel.  most just use flat copper washers to seal up the injectors.  This engine, 2T75U is an oddball.  Even the other 2T series do not use this sealing design.  The head gasget should be here tomorrow or Thursday, so I can finish it up and see if she will run.  Waiting on someone on another forum to post up the head bolt tightening sequence and torque specs for me.  My manual lacks that info and the factory service manual is quite salty.   Mike