• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 dw753 OFFLINE  

dw753
  • Member No: 10659
  • 47 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bondo would fix them too thats what they use at my dads foundry .... Well if anyone wants the pair for $100 let me know

#17 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:24 PM

What? Were do people get these numbers?

Lets me add this up. :D

12'' 5 sets total= $1500

15'' 3 sets total= $600

Thats $2100! I'll let first guy have them for $2000. :D

I got those numbers from ebay, are you saying I'm not being truthful :-(. and if you put yours up on ebay you would sell them for similar prices, minus 22 percent fro ebay and paypal, Hey, I bought 3 sets of Massey wheel weights with shipping I have over 700.00 in them. I have a two sets of Allis weights and a set of Sperry New Holland weights I have another 400.00 plus in them, so what's your point, I had to pay top dollar to get mine and some people got theirs for a lot less or maybe even free. Are you saying I'm crazy for having that much money in wheel weights, I have a lot more in the 14 GTs I have. I paid an average of 700.00for each tractor, then I put new batteries in every one and a complete set of NEW tires on each tractor, (not counting 150.00 wheel/hub upgrades on 3 tractors) That means I might have 1200.00 or better in each machine, but I wouldn't sell any of my tractors for twice that, because they mean more to me than some piece of paper that our governments prints like toilet paper. I guess I'm just a stupid fool by many peoples standards. I'm okay with that every time I walk out to my barn.

#18 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:09 PM

I've paid for and sold them between 75-100 per set.

What's nice about them is that they are stackable.

I had 8 sets at one time, only two left.

#19 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:28 PM

I've paid for and sold them between 75-100 per set.

What's nice about them is that they are stackable.

I had 8 sets at one time, only two left.

I wish I could find those kind of deals, down south there are very, very few old GTs and like the link below ebay sellers are starting on average of 150.00 plus shipping on any Bolens wheel weights, this guy wants 250.00

http://www.ebay.com/...=item232c0678b3

When I posted these prices about what WW were selling for on ebay it was because that was what I have seen them selling for, not because I'm lying or B.S.er. I don't collect tractors for the money, and for the most part i dont sell any of my tractors, not anymore, I only buy what I will keep, and I never buy junk, I wont even take junk for free, because my home and land is not a salvage operation.

I also am more than happy to hand over a fair price for a well taken care of old GT from the original owner, second owner or family member, It means so much to both of us to see the tractor getting a good home, and that's what this hobby means to me, saving the past, I'm really happy for those that can obtain a lot of this old equipment reasonably or cheaply and those that see these machines around every corner, I have driven over 2400 miles to pick up my last three tractors. Money means nothing to me, I made less than 10,000 last year, way less, and I think I'm the richest guy in the world.

#20 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:32 PM

75 bucks that's what I paid for mine,,, some people think there worth 150 to 200 but I would never pay that

• OkieGt said thank you

#21 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:07 PM

75 bucks that's what I paid for mine,,, some people think there worth 150 to 200 but I would never pay that

But many people on ebay start bidding at well over a 100.00 and some of these auctions will go two or three times that. I believe you must agree that the term "worth" is highly subjective, I can buy a 2000 year old Roman coin for 10-50 bucks on ebay, But a restored 1980s HT20 might bring 3,000 or more, it just depends on what others are willing to pay, not what you or me are willing to pay, besides you didn't have to pay retail, you got a great deal on your wheel weights. Have you seen what big tractor weights are going for on ebay/ CL? The original poster just wanted to know what he could get for them, not what you or I would pay for them, right, I think we all lost sight of that as this thread has bloomed. I wish he had a large frame hydro tractor to go with it, I would sell a few ponies for one of those

#22 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Okie, you linked to a set of 12" weights and that's comparing apples to oranges.

All of the tube frames and probably the vast majority of the large frames use 12" wheels, so those are in high demand, and the pricing reflects that.

The 15" ones have a limited market, so that keeps the price down on them.

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 24, 2013 - 10:27 PM.

• 1967bolens collector said thank you

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,193 Thanks
  • 5,213 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:46 PM

You can ask any price for your stuff but means nothing if you dont get it. The link you posted will sit there for a long time just like the other adds for $190 $150... There worth $1 a pound on ebay some times they sell for $125 but you still have to pay $30 to ship them. I even know I cant sell my stuff for that! I am saying your not truthful I just seach this stuff every day and know what it goess for.