Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Where To Get Serial Numbers And Id Info?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Can't seem to find where to go for Speedex serial and model numbers to check year built. The Speedex INFO site doesn't  have that, lots of manuals, but didn't see one on serials.  I'm on another forum for them, which doesn't have much info like that at all. I know some here have posted about them, so where are they??

My 1240 has following:    1240  1 0 14406   Not real sure on the middle 0 and 1. The 1 might have been a mar scraping, but seems like 0 was right. So, what year is this?

• JRJ said thank you

#2 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Here is a site for Speedex:

http://www.speedextr...files/Links.htm

This link is for the serial numbers.

http://speedextracto...ml#comment-form

If thing are right with what this guy says you have a June 1944 model 1240 tractor.

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Maybe a 1974.

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:17 PM

These sites I'm getting links for on many forums are all DEAD or no comeback or no real useful info on many. Seems like fellas get idea for good info site, then never watch it, few own the tractor and such.  The Speedex tractor information. org site is one of the better ones. Chris Rice, the so called last owner of Speedex and rights and has parts and such has a new sight started in Jan of 13, but is incomplete and under construction and he doesn't answer back when I try to contact and join the forum. Why bother if not going to follow thru???  Speedex must be Female. You Love them, but are PIA and troublesome most times, and hard to understand!

#5 speedyx OFFLINE  

speedyx
  • Member No: 14199
  • 8 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 07:28 PM

I feel your pain I have tried to find parts sent emails wrote letters to all people who say I have it. never got one reply no nothing it must be a ego thing start it say you have it and never follow thru, mine is a M23