• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,591 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:37 AM

It just occurred to me... I am going to jersey to pick "something" up on Wednesday, I would have had to go right past the guy with the steel anyway! That is ill planning on my part!

Yep, but no need kicking yourself now!  Maybe sign up for AAA before ya leave out for Joisy??

#17 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,597 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Gtractor is right adding tow insurance to your insurance policy is well worth it especially if you have an older vehicle.

Our newest - lowest mile vehicle just took a ride on the hook this week  :wallbanging:

#18 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:47 PM

Sorry for your mechanical problems, but as stated....It could have been worse.

This is why I tell kids to stay in school to get a good education, and a good paying job so you can afford all the mishaps that happen in life!

#19 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:51 PM

AAA is a good deal, no matter what your age.  I get a 100 mile tow free of charge, among the other many benefits.  

We use RESCUE PLUS...It is about 1/2 the price of AAA and has the same benifits PLUS they cover our motorcycles.

I had AAA years ago and was told by the sales people that my M/C was covered....When I found out that I had to purchase an additional policy for the bike, I dropped AAA like a hot potato.

What ever a person considers buying, make sure you know what is covered and what is not!

• Fabman and HDWildBill have said thanks

#20 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 09:19 PM

We use RESCUE PLUS...It is about 1/2 the price of AAA and has the same benifits PLUS they cover our motorcycles.

I had AAA years ago and was told by the sales people that my M/C was covered....When I found out that I had to purchase an additional policy for the bike, I dropped AAA like a hot potato.

What ever a person considers buying, make sure you know what is covered and what is not!

I had a similar issue with the Allstate motor club.  I specifically told them that the whole thing was for the bike and when I need them, guess who wasn't there!  Guess I was in the wrong hands.

#21 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Uncle Kevin came over yesterday, but before we we left I called, and the guy that answered said they do not release vehicles on Sunday, so we did not go to get it.

I just called, and talked to the guy who towed it; he said he fixed it! He said it was just a fusable link. He told me when he picked it up he would look at it for free, and he kept his word. I said I would give home something, he said nothing more then what the fusable link cost. So, it is $92 for the tow, and then what ever I give him for fixing it.

I am going to pick it up now.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#22 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have never had a fusable link go out.I would think that something would have to overload the circuit for it to blow,correct me if i am not on the right page.

#23 braxx OFFLINE  

braxx

• Member No: 7898
  • 20 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've seen corrosion in the fusible link cause the rest of the link carry the current. Resulting in the link burning out. So nothing else was bad in the system but corrosion caused the burn out.

Sent from my S3

#24 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Glad to hear it's fixed, at a good price too.

As said, you really shouldn't blame the steel. It's

just steel. :smilewink:

Edited by IamSherwood, June 24, 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#25 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:41 PM

I have never had a fusable link go out.I would think that something would have to overload the circuit for it to blow,correct me if i am not on the right page.

A fuseable link is just like everything else in a vehicle....it can fail at anytime, anyplace and for no apparent reason!

• drbish said thank you

#26 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Truck is back home where it belongs! While I was there, he also told me my starter is weak... and that I probably noticed by now. Well, I have noticed! Sometimes the gear jut spins, and does not engage the flywheel to turn the engine over. I know I need to replace it, but it can wait until I get some money to buy a starter. When it first started doing that, I put a chain in my truck so that if it does go completely out, I can pop-start it.