• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simplicityac nut OFFLINE  

simplicityac nut

• Member No: 7897
  • 18 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hey all,ive got a 1977 Allis 716H. I was mowin with my 48 in deck a couple days ago and it started makin a hell of a noise,long story short the bearing in middle pulley got smoked and also sheared the teeth off the spindle.I happen to have a B-212 42 in deck in great condition for its age,bolted her up and its an exact fit,didnt even have to change the pto belt,its amazing how many parts on these awesome machines are interchangable,i plan on rebuildin the 48 in deck when ive got the time but for now i think ill use the B-212 deck,kinda funny lookin though,a yeller deck on an orange tractor but looks arent everything lol

• hamman, boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:05 PM

It will work but if I am not mistaken the drive pulley on the center arbor is a bit smaller than the 5" one on your mower that tore up. This will make the blades on your 42" mower spin about 15-20% faster then the 48" but will bog down a bit easier. I run a 42" mower because there are just too many places in a subdivision where 48" is too much mower.

Edited by skunkhome, June 22, 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#3 simplicityac nut OFFLINE  

simplicityac nut

• Member No: 7897
  • 18 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:17 PM

yep im kinda likin the 42 in deck,i dont have to do as much weed eatin usin it lol