• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haney OFFLINE  

haney
  • Member No: 9958
  • 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:33 PM

just put the dash back on my 12 started it up to check amp gauge and the key switch wont shut it down .checked the wiring diagram but was not sure which one grounded it out .read something about gronding the wrong wire on this system and you fry things. 

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:22 PM

If you are looking for help, please identify your machine and pictures may help too. You may find the manual in our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

#3 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:55 AM

If you are running a Tecusmeh with the SSI ignition, yes you can fry the module if hooked up wrong. I have a picture of a switch from a Sears that uses same ignition, not sure if it will help. There should be a black wire that comes off switch going down to behind flywheel which kills juice to module. sometimes they have another plug connection in the line, maybe it came lose. While removing dash, you could've possibly knock something lose inside of switch, but usually when that happens, a bad switch prevents having fire.

Here is my switch for the SSI ignition, maybe same as yours. If not, post up a pic if you can and we can help. The single spade is hte M or magneto kill wire on this switch.

Untitled.jpg

#4 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,310 Thanks
  • 4,660 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:45 AM

The G terminal needs to be hooked to a good ground as when the switch is turned off, It connects the G & M terminals and kills the spark.  (Check the switch with an OHM tester or battery powered test light..)

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, June 20, 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#5 haney OFFLINE  

haney
  • Member No: 9958
  • 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:16 PM

i checked the switch and it was ok but found a bad connection where the three wires join just out of the engine shroud. cleaned the connector and it shut down

• TAHOE said thank you