68 replies to this topic

#16 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for trusting us enough to share all that.  You know that my prayers are added to everyone else's.

Ben W.

• tinbender7 and Team_Green have said thanks

#17 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thanks to all.   John, thanks to you for the offer.  Don't listen to TG, I'm not an old goat. I'm just "middle aged"............ *cough !     TG, you and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Again, thanks to all.  I don't usually like to bring personal stuff like this to the forums, but it's just been one of those times

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:57 PM

You can add me to what has been said above(except about the exits!) only better than I could say it. Don't worry about the personal stuff, it takes alot to embarrass us.

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 07:00 PM

I don't usually like to bring personal stuff like this to the forums, but it's just been one of those times

Not a problem AT ALL!!  We all need others at times....I know I sure do!

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks to all.   John, thanks to you for the offer.  Don't listen to TG, I'm not an old goat. I'm just "middle aged"............ *cough !     TG, you and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Again, thanks to all.  I don't usually like to bring personal stuff like this to the forums, but it's just been one of those times

OT, we're here to help you period! Doesn't matter what the issue!!! I'm glad you let us in on what is going on. These folks here do truly care and will offer up whatever help they can. I hope & pray your wife gets through this soon and you two can get on with life as it was intended!

#21 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Prayers sent, hope she feels better.

#22 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sorry to hear Ed, hope things get better for her.

• Team_Green said thank you

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:10 PM

You do what you need to do were here for you.

#24 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:25 PM

She probably has a picc line. It's called a peripheral inserted central catheter and she is Experiencing some Peripheral edema or lymphedema celluitis. Any time that a person has to have antibiotics for a longer period of time (more than a week) a PICC line is the way to go due to antibiotics can be rough on veins. Wound vacuums are absolutely wonderful machines. Wake Forest University is the one that came up with the patent for the machine and I took care of the 2nd patient it was tried on and it absolutely worked miracle for that patient.

I am sorry for the misfortune but I would recommend getting someone to look into the surgeries. A sterile OR doesn't give infections. A surgeon failing to use a aseptic technique causes infections.

Edited by SearsYellow, June 19, 2013 - 10:26 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#25 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,521 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Vent all you want, anything that can help you and her. Visit as much as you can. Now is the time to accept help from friends. Best wishes to you both. Good Luck, Rick

#26 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 12:47 AM

Been there, done that--- had my right hip done seven years ago and ended up with "a tad of infection" as the relatively unconcerned surgeon called it. Although it was a real bummer at the time, it did clear up and my hip is giving me no more trouble than can be expected from an overworked seventy five year old part with a titanium insert lol. Am I getting the other one done any time soon ? I think I'll pass on that. Your wife has my sympathies, and I'm sure that now they have found the infection they'll get it cleared up-- antibiotics are wonderful. She, and you, are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.
  • boyscout862 and Team_Green have said thanks

#27 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:41 AM

Im so sorry to hear this about your wife's problems , hope the Dr's & nurses  take good care of her , will be praying at this end , Al

#28 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 06:27 AM

hope she gets better OT and stay strong for her it'll help her a lot haven't seen ya around as was hoping everything was going good but ya know chat is always open and ya can pm any of us if ya need to vent a lil or need extra encouragement to get through this

#29 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:32 AM

WOW !  More replies than i expected.  Much appreciated.When I finally got to see her yesterday she was in much better spirits, and said to say thank you to everyone.  ( like I needed to be told, lol ! ) 

Sears Yellow, thanks for explaining the picc line.  Not knowing how to spell some words, or acronyms, bugs the crap outa me, lol.  Also, thanks for the info on the vacuum.  Dag nabbed modern whatchamacallits bobble this ol' coots mind. :D

NJKen, good to hear from you, been awhile . 

It was so nice to see my wife smile. She perked up so much because she was able to get back to that particular rehab center.

Any way, thanks again evreyone. 

#30 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear about this and no worries about venting here. I'm hoping for her quick recovery from the infections.

And Sears yellow is right. Get as much info about the surgical infection as possible. Infections aren't common if proper sterility procedures are followed. It doesn't necessarily have to be the surgeon. Any time something is being implanted in the body there's a lot of chances for someone to screw up. Was the implant properly sterilized? Was sterility maintained after it came out of the sterilizer? Was the sterilizer properly tested that day? Was the equipment used to read the test used properly? The list goes on and on....

Edited by Canawler, June 20, 2013 - 07:52 AM.