• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Even though school is out for summer, I am having a hard time keeping up with you guys! I am still busy, and I do not have much extra time then I did when school was in session. I have been doing my best to let you guys know what I have been up to, but I am not able to read what you guys are doing as much as I would like to.

The desktop I use is the house computer, so there are more people then just me using it. It was fine when I was the only one on, but my brother started using it since he messed up his laptop, and now this one is going slow also! The other option is to use my phone, but half the time I do not have my phone on me, and it is very hard to make lengthy posts from it anyway. When I do use my phone, I mostly just check for notifications and messages.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up of where I have been. Shoot me some PMs! At least I can reply to them from my phone easily.

• olcowhand, daytime dave, Texas Deere and Horse and 6 others have said thanks

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hang in there Ryan. Just because we don't get to talk to you as much, doesn't mean we don't think about you! We'll wait for you to catch up, but it won't be easy. :D

Take Care.

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Ryan don't forget to defrag the desk top every once in awhile-like weekly.

Dick

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Being busy is good.  It means your are being productive.  I don't get on as much as I would like to either.  Just hand in there as Troy said.

#5 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Ryan dropped82 was asking about double carbon arch welding, have you ever came across it, He had  new post right above your.

Dick

#6 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:40 AM

have you thought about getting your own lap top/desk top, we have a john howard society up here and they teach x-cons ( hope thats politically correct) computer skills and repairs, i take my computers there for fixing and updating (super cheap)and i bought a quad core 2gig toshibia and a dual core think pad with windows 7 and 2007 office for $250 from them both, there may be something like that near you. a lot of companies donate there old computers also so it does not hurt to ask, and in this day and age a old computer can be 2-3 yrs, hope this helps you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:47 AM

Ryan, if I was a betting kind of guy, I'd say your brother is a gamer.

Time to run a good anti malware and get rid of anything he had to download to play those games. Toolbars, ad programs, updaters... Just be aware he may not be able to play something...

#8 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ryan, if I was a betting kind of guy, I'd say your brother is a gamer.

Time to run a good anti malware and get rid of anything he had to download to play those games. Toolbars, ad programs, updaters... Just be aware he may not be able to play something...

He plays Xbox, but I don't think he plays games on the computer. I don't know, but he sure can mess up computers.

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ryan, my son had Xbox that ran over the internet.  He could play simultaneously with other guys anywhere in the world.  I think he did.  He never messed up my stuff.  

I hope you can catch up.