• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • Member No: 38567
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi every body I am new to this site and have a Ford LT100 with a 42 inch mower deck.I need some help as I can not get the deck off tractor.I raised the with both handles but can get front to release.Any help very much appreciated. thank you Bob
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,518 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hi bob and welcome to GTtalk! :wave: Im not very familiar with fords but im sure one of the ford guys will be along shortly

• Old Door said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 10,333 Thanks
  • 7,826 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 10:17 AM

Welcome to GTT. Check out the Manuals Section for info. You can download three manuals per day for free. Someone more familiar with your tractor will be along to help. Post a few pictures to help identify your tractor. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Rick I went to manuals section but can not get parts list for my deck.I will keep trying.This is a great site with a lot of info.I am also not sure how to post pictures but I think I get it sooner or later. Thanks again Bob

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 30,426 Thanks
  • 41,029 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Rick I went to manuals section but can not get parts list for my deck.I will keep trying.This is a great site with a lot of info.I am also not sure how to post pictures but I think I get it sooner or later. Thanks again Bob

We are a bit shy on manuals for the LT models. Hope someone can upload on some day!

#6 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:27 PM

If you have any pictures it would be helpful. It's easy to remove the deck under normal conditions. I can compare with my LT for whatever you need.

Once the deck is lowered to put the weight the rollers, and the latch is released, all you should have to do is  move the tractor back a couple inches, or push the deck forward.

#7 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:01 AM

what length belt needed for out side cutter blades.once I get the deck off I will need that belt.I think I figured out how to install the belt.I am also looking for a dozer blade for my LT100. Thanks Bob

#8 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 06:35 PM

There is only one belt for both blades on mine, if yours has three blades it would be a different deck.

If you need pictures or dimensions of the dozer blade, i can help with that, but you can;t have it :)

#9 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:27 AM

The deck is a 42 inch and has 3 blades.It has a main drive belt from engine to center blade.I think it has another belt from center blade to two outside blades.I dont want your blade haha but picture and dimensions maybe would help to find one. thankyou

#10 Old Door OFFLINE  

Old Door
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:18 AM

hey KennyP I just noticed you were in the Army 1968 to 1969.I was in the Army 1964 to 1968 a long time ago.Now I just relax and work on my Ford.If you could please tell me the length of the cutter blades belt and how to get the deck off it would really help.Most sites you have to pay for any manuals if they even have them.

#11 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 30,426 Thanks
  • 41,029 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 12:50 PM

hey KennyP I just noticed you were in the Army 1968 to 1969.I was in the Army 1964 to 1968 a long time ago.Now I just relax and work on my Ford.If you could please tell me the length of the cutter blades belt and how to get the deck off it would really help.Most sites you have to pay for any manuals if they even have them.

PM sent!