5 replies to this topic

#1 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi,

I reecently hauled a Speedex 1240 that farmerall sold to glgrumpy via this forum.

I make a round trip from In to western Pa area and return to my home in east central Indiana every couple of months to visit our son and his family who live in a northern Pittsburgh suburb.

After seeing this model I have an interest in finding a Speedex 1240 or like vintage for my assortment/collection of gt's. I do not need one with an engine as I have a few Kohler K's and B&S engines available.

So, I would prefer a "roller" that is complete except for an engine and would like either the 4 spd or hydro.

I really am not interested in the earlier ones either.

I have several Economy Power Kings that are the basis of what I focus on.

I would be willing to travel to anywhere in Indiana, Ohio and western Pa.

Thanks for your assistance.

Chuck

ps. I did ask glgrumpy if he would sell this one and he said no.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 10:21 AM

You asked the wrong person,you need to ask grumpy's wife if the Speedex is for sale.

#3 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, you're absolutely right!

Chuck

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ha! The Wife has the Junkman's number for when/if I croak off!   She went to Ohio with me and picked up another Speedex this spring. Think she kinda likes a "Road Trip" once in awhile, just won't admit. Took all day too!  We were still friends when done, so think it was a fun experience.  My problem is saying the last four or so were "the last one" and then buying more anyway. I've sold a few at shows this year, but seems there is replacement soon after. THAT doesn't go well. She KNOWS what I have and don't have most times. 

Chuck, keep eye on ebay. Always plenty of them on there for sale. Was recently a couple, one with engine that fella wanted $250 buy it now price for. First time, no go, but second time sold and not much more than that price. They looked pretty nice too. Always in East Ohio or PA tho. I wanted to bid, but too far for present situation. Most at shows are S series, which I don't like till later bigger numbers like S-24.  Later four digits not always much diff, maybe better brakes and trans and bigger fenders. Then after S series they started making many variables and you just gotta see what was offered on that model. I have pictures of some way up into the 80's and 90's that are real neat, but never saw one like them. Think they made fewer quantities even after improvements before they closed and they are rarer indeed!

#5 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:59 AM

http://pittsburgh.cr...3890628033.html

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Wow! That is a beauty!  Fenders are great on that one. Wish mine were those. Almost wondering if he didn't put some CASE fenders on it, and the steering wheel looks like a Case one too. Maybe it was later model. I have clam like  fenders but prefer the big flat-top look on most of my tractors.