• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rainman_210 OFFLINE  

rainman_210
  • Member No: 32663
  • 22 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:21 PM

hi guys...recently bought a haban sickle model 426 that I would like to mount to a 212. one question I have is what supports the sickle mower underneath the tractor to keep it from dragging on the ground? I have attached the pipe and bracket to the rear on the tractor and everything lines up great front to back. I am unfamiliar with these as I have never owned one or seen one mounted for that matter.....any advice is greatly appreciated

2013-06-17_19-55-42_681.jpg

#2 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I would think it hangs from the front axle like the other Habans but I don't have a manaul for that model

• jdnut said thank you

#3 rainman_210 OFFLINE  

rainman_210
  • Member No: 32663
  • 22 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:45 PM

yes littledeere it hangs from the front axle but lists heavy to the right as that is where all the weight is....im thinking it has something to do with the chain and pulley in the picture. when I grab ahold and lift on chain it levels out, just unsure where or how the chain is supposed to go or what the pulley is for

#4 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 09:47 PM

yes littledeere it hangs from the front axle but lists heavy to the right as that is where all the weight is....im thinking it has something to do with the chain and pulley in the picture. when I grab ahold and lift on chain it levels out, just unsure where or how the chain is supposed to go or what the pulley is for

The chain goes around the pulley and back down to the mower with a spring attached at the end.Wish I had a good pic I may be able to take a pic of one for a Ford I have and give you a idea how it works

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 06:40 AM

There are a few manuals on the Haban in our Manuals Section that you can download. Good Luck, Rick