#1 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 01:47 PM

My wife woke me up this morning around 530 am to tell me she was off to work. After she left I laid in bed a few minutes before crawling out of the bed. A morning ritual for me is to look out the windows, of the bedroom, to see what kind or wild life that maybe stirring around the house. While looking out the windows this morning I found one of our cats laying in the middle of the driveway. Yes indeed you can guess what happened. I love my cats and it absolutely broke my heart and I started to search for it's sister. After searching for a hour I just figured out that the other cat had run off after seeing what happened to it's sister. I called and told my wife the news and as I was she was distraught about the news.

A hour our two later she was telling someone the story about what happened this morning and the person stated that there was a cat on the ambulance dock at the hospital that she works at. She went to see the cat and by gods grace it was our other cat. The cat had made the 30 mile one way trip underneath my wife's car (im guessing going 80 miles per hour). It was such a sigh of relief. I am personally a animal lover. I love all animals and I wish NO harm to any of them. I feel like one of the luckiest people alive to be able to pet and have the love of that cat back.

Disclaimer: I care alot about my pets. When it comes to deer season.. well.. I love deer meat, alot.

OH yeah. Whenever I was searching for the miracle cat my Ameracauna officially thinks she is a rooster. She was outside trying to crow. The way I read it's not common for ovaries in a chicken to deactivate and for them to take the characteristics of a rooster.

Edited by SearsYellow, June 17, 2013 - 01:48 PM.

• hamman, JDGuy445, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,476 Thanks
  • 30,062 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Wow, for that kitty to have stayed safe that far is amazing!  Was the deceased cat ran over, or did the engine belts do him in.  I've lost a cat or 2 to being around the engine at startup.

• hamman said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,374 Thanks
  • 29,098 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 02:27 PM

When I was a kid, we took one by accident to town. 17 miles from my Parents house to the Elby's Big Boy restaurant. When we got done with our meal, the kitty was sitting next to the truck, meowing.

Glad you got one back home safe and sound.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. We have 2 cats but they are strictly indoors. I'd hate to loose one of them! When I was a boy a friend of mine lost one the same way. 

• backwoods said thank you

#5 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,378 Thanks
  • 1,352 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Sorry for your loss Sears, I have two cats and love them like they were kids.... wait, I think they are kids...Glad the other one is safe !

#6 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yeah. We lost one and gained two. Someone across the county from us had some cats for free. We went to get one but of course came home with two. Woke up with... Well 1 1/2 cats an finished the day with three. It was here in body but not in spirit..

Thanks for all of the replies. I pretty much think the tire was the MOD (mechanism of death). Left a tire track in the center of the cat. It was a full cat so I don't think a serpentine belt got a hold of it.

Edited by SearsYellow, June 17, 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#7 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 30,457 Thanks
  • 41,051 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear the day started out so lousy! I've been partial to the cats we have had, but no animals for me anymore! I have 4 dogs here to pet anytime I want!

#8 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:31 PM

We have outdoor cats primarily for keeping the mice, rats and any other pest down. I killed 6 mice in a week about a month ago. Every since we got outdoor cats we have yet to have one inside of the house but plenty of lying around outside the cats have killed. Bad thing is that main one that was killing them was the one my wife delifed today.

#9 ghack OFFLINE  

ghack
  • Member No: 36839
  • 29 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sorry about your loss. Reminded me of my best buddy who i lost this early spring. He was a natural frizzbe dog he would spin 360's and catch it. or would run straight away from me and i would throw it low right up over him and he wouldn't even look but he new which way it went he would just turn his head and catch it. he was amazing. even after surviving leukemia. one morning he went after a deer out inour yard , as they had been lingering lately and was hit by a car that never stopped or slowed down. we live out in the country and they just left him lay there. I sure miss him, and when he got tired from frizzbe he liked to finish with a beer.

2011-06-05_20-24-55_785.jpg

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10 ghack OFFLINE  

ghack
  • Member No: 36839
  • 29 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 09:34 PM

I"m sorry i didn't mean to derail your thread. It just reminded me of my little guy. who i miss dearly. he was my best friend. tears come to my eyes when i think about him.

My 17 year old cat died in my arms a couple years earlier it was hard to see her go also.

my pets are my kids as the wife and i weren't able to have kids so ou get kind of attached.

Should i mention my wifes horse who save from being starved to death as a yearly( paso fino) gelding, drinks beer too! He falls a sleep with his head reating on my wifes shoulder like a dog.

I guess i'm rambling now had a few and miss my buddy.

Take care.

• MH81 said thank you

#11 SearsYellow ONLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 449 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:37 AM

I appreciate the responses!! My wife and I we rehab animals. We get animals that are sick and get them back to health. Here in the last couple of years my appreciation has grown for animals.

#12 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,364 Thanks
  • 2,660 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 12:19 PM

sorry for the loss animals arent pets in my book there family members my goofy cat was slepping on the arm of my chair last night