17 replies to this topic

#16 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 148 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:52 PM

So, the guy selling everything said $350 takes the rest. What I think is there are two more 1050's, the blue one above, and another one that's not as straight but I believe mostly there. Then there is another tube frame minus the hood and motor, which if the motor in the shop is out of this one it would make the tractor without the hood a Bolens 900 because the motor was a Wisconsin S8D. The hood maybe laying around somewhere? Inside the shop, there are some carburetors, pulleys, blades, and other misc. parts. I don't know if I should shell out $350 for these parts/tractors. Anybody interested in any of these parts/or tractors? If so, please let me know, maybe we can work something out. I wouldn't mind having some of the parts, just don't want to store all of it, and really don't want to drop $350 on it all, but if I could sell some of it I'd consider..... :watch_over_fence:

#17 owen OFFLINE  

owen
  • Member No: 38467
  • 8 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Steve, here's my 1050/TR-10D update. I got the Fairbanks/Morse flywheel from Ebay, and it works great! But then it intermittently started running terribly again - I couldn't tell if the problem was fuel or spark. I went through the fuel system first - petcock, gas, fuel lines, filter, carb rebuild, etc., and ruled out fuel issues. I was afraid the magneto coil was bad so I started through an ignition system checklist. I'm REALLY glad that before I got to the "Magneto Coil" item on my checklist, I replaced the condenser and it fixed the problem instantly!

Now I can mow with confidence.

Hope you're doing well with your projects.

Owen

#18 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 148 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 09:30 AM

Owen, glad to hear its up and running again. Now your fuel system is good too! My 1556 broke down the other day and I need to go through the electrical troubleshooting on it. Unfortunately, it's a Solid State ignition, so no points. The SSI work great until they don't work... Anyway, glad your mowing with confidence.  :beerchug:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1050, tr-10d, roadtrip, hydro, blade