Garden Tractor Forums banner

Anyone recognize me?

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  GWest 
#1 ·
Dad picked this up many years ago, It says "American Farm Machinery Co. MPLS MINN. U.S.A." on drive casting. Other than that, no #'s. Any ideas on this one?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Machine

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't tell ya any information that you are looking for but man is that thing an awesome piece. Especially with the engine sitting basically inside the wheel. I bet it would do a pretty darn good job at pulling some implements around for it's time period.

#3 ·
I have no idea as to what you would even call that.Can you imagine what your arms would be like and feel like after hanging onto that for a few hrs.Maybe even days.Larry

#5 ·
I wish I could help you out Alan,but I have no idea what that is.

#11 ·
I'm getting in on this a little late. That Kinkade is a model K. Production of the model K started about 27 or 28 and ended in the mid 30s. From the style of carb, I'd think this is one of the later ones. I think I can see the tag on the outside of the left handle bar?? There should be a serial number on there. If not, look around the oil fill plug on the front of the block. Other than not having all of the toolbar, it looks fairly complete.

#14 ·
DougT said:
MH81, did you ever have a chance to find the serial number on the Kinkade? I'd be interested in knowing it. We're trying a theory to date the early tractors and it would be helpful. Thanks!
I got up into the barn today, that tag was crud-covered. I finally got 5 discernible digits, couldn't find any others.
Hope this helps: 23015

#19 ·
Hello, first post on here. I used to have an old Hit and Miss engine I'd take to the fair as a kid, when I was a member of the EDGE&TA, think I spelled that right? Anyways I have a tractor identical to the one posted by the OP out here in California. Its been lawn art for our house for a few years now, but amazingly its still free and not rusted solid like you would asume. Would be interested in selling it or trading it for a small hit and miss engine. Can email pics! Not sure how to post pics on here. Robert@26states30lakes.com Thanks

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.