Massey Mf-8 Engine Mounts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pwombles OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just wondering what everyone does to replace the rubber engine mounts. I checked Jacks and they seem a bit pricey. In searching, someone said that JD made identical mounts and they were cheaper, but I dont know the JD Numbers. My 8 needs new mounts and was weighing my options. also, if the engine was shaking a bit , would that affect the running of the engine? Thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 04:19 PM

If memory serves there is 1 thick mount and 2 thinner ones. The thinner ones can be had at Mcmaster Carr for less than JD. There may be other sources. I seem to remember an ebay seller with a big selection of these mounts for reasonable prices. The thick mount is another story. I don't think they are commonly available. JD uses thick mounts like that on the JD 314/317. They are the front mounts and go for something like 60$ ea. The thinner ones go for something like 30. When I needed some for my 8 I found some used ones from another forum member.  Check with our forum sponsors to see if they have any used ones. 

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,688 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Member IamSherwood posted this information for me here:

I'm pretty sure I bought all three from Jacks.  I'd suggest you go ahead and bite the price bullet, they'll last a long time.