#1 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 07, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Does anyone have any info on the model 842.240722 snow thrower? I found it on sears parts direct and it's listed as a 40" single stage, although I measured it at 34". but the manual is no longer available. If anyone is familier with it, I'd sure appreciate not having to spend the time figuring out how to hook it up on my own.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 06:02 PM

Do you have any pics? Is it possible they used the same model number for a couple different widths? If you can post pics of the blower and the front of the tractor some of the guys might be able to help ya get it on there.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 06:19 PM

Yes,pictures would help a lot.

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 06:26 PM

I found it here: http://searsgardentr...com/manuals.htm he only asks for shipping costs.

I will keep looking for a PDF version -

#5 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 02:24 PM

craftsman_0004.jpg Heres a few quick pics.
craftsman_0003.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• craftsman_0002.jpg
  • craftsman_0001.jpg

#6 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 05:47 PM

... I'd sure appreciate not having to spend the time figuring out how to hook it up on my own.

I may just have to come pick that up to save you the trouble..., :poke: I'm still looking for the Manual. Gotta be one out there somewhere.

#7 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hard to tell for sure without a manual..... looks like a lot of belts and linkages to figure out :confuse:.....Guess I'm just used to the Bolens fast switch attachment system LOL

I hope you get it figured out. If you can get the manual you should be fine

#8 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 08:55 PM

I may just have to come pick that up to save you the trouble..., :poke: I'm still looking for the Manual. Gotta be one out there somewhere.

lol ,If your interested in it come on over. This thing was part of the haul when I picked up the G12 and caster, the guy said "hey you've got room on the trailer, you want this too?" hard to say no to free. lol Main reason I want to hook it up is so I can up the asking price when I get rid of the craftsman mower. I've found parts lists for it but I've done a lot of digging and so far only found others looking for a manual too.

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 09:14 PM

I don't think that thing would be all that hard to hook up. Looks like it is only one serpentine belt, drive over the back assembly so you don't have to slide it under. The very back slips on to something and then wherever the lift assemble would hook on to. Then just figure out the belt. I don't think it would be too bad.

#10 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 09:40 PM

I found this page: Manuals for different snow blowers:Snowthrower Manual for Different Brand

It has a 42" but that's as close as I've gotten.

I did "Chat" with "Kay W." @ sears & that manual is NLA, and is not part of their archive.

The only place I found that # is on the link 2-3 posts ago... Haban built it & they are out of business... you may be playin' with it to figure it out.

Edited by MH81, November 10, 2010 - 09:53 PM.

• WQDL753 said thank you

#11 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 11, 2010 - 01:36 AM

:thumbs: I sure apreciate Y'all's effort. MH81 I didn't see the right number at the site you found, but I'll look again and keep it in mind as a backup plan. I recon I'll just get it underneth the mower and see what I can figure out when I get a chance. Sad thing is the darn thing weighs more than the mower does. :laughingteeth: At least I have figured out one thing from the parts diagram, the rod that comes out on the right side about 6" and turns up is for a lift lever. So I at least know that it's not supposed to use the mower deck lift, just gotta figure out where to hook it and attach the idler. :rolleyes:
I'm sure of one thing though, I'm gonna love the Bolens even more when I'm done with this :laughingteeth:

#12 levi OFFLINE  

levi

• Member No: 5602
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 17, 2011 - 01:08 AM

So I at least know that it's not supposed to use the mower deck lift, just gotta figure out where to hook it and attach the idler.

It can use the mower deck lift (in opposite direction) to provide extra "traveling/trailering" height for that super heavy blower along with its own lift lever, which is great if you ever get it stuck or have to clear an object, get it on a trailer, etc.. Mine was a lot easier to figure out once it was lying under the tractor. You probably got it on a long time ago, but if not I can send close-ups of mine mounted once I put it on next month.
  • MH81 said thank you

#13 bililyiowan OFFLINE  

bililyiowan

• Member No: 7257
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 04:01 PM

I have the same exact snow thrower attachment. I'm going to attempt to hook it up tonight for the first time. I got the tractor and snow attachment free off somebody who could not figure it out. I'll let you know how I fair. Were you able to get it going?

#14 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 04:22 PM

I have the same exact snow thrower attachment. I'm going to attempt to hook it up tonight for the first time. I got the tractor and snow attachment free off somebody who could not figure it out. I'll let you know how I fair. Were you able to get it going?

Hey, :welcome: to GTTalk.
Hope the hookup is painless.

#15 bililyiowan OFFLINE  

bililyiowan

• Member No: 7257
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 07:57 AM

Hey, :welcome: to GTTalk.
Hope the hookup is painless.

As it turns out, no pain whatsoever since I was not able to hook it up. I've looked around and found one other person having a similar issue, but that was 6 years ago in 2005.

I am missing 2 hangar brackets that are crucial. It is fairly obvious on how it hooks up, but is not doable without the brackets.

I'll have to keep looking or just buy a blade to push the snow.
  • MH81 said thank you