#1 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:05 PM

1978 Case 222. I have been working on it over last couple weeks and replaced the bad motor mounts, the fuel line, and installed the OEM correct exhaust system. It starts and runs strong, just needs a new home. I was running it today and heard the old rattle again (only high RPM, never around idle). Thinking it is the fiber star in the love-joy coupling. Should be a cheap fix if I am right, but I refuse to pull the engine in order to fix that. Therefore, I will be selling it. It does have a working 44" mower deck on it and it does an excellent job mowing. I have a snow/dirt blade for it too, but it does need a little repair work done to the mount. I also have an extra pair of fenders and a 226 hood that can go with it also. There is a sleeve hitch for it as well, and an extra pair of front wheels. I never bought a holding valve for it so don't bother asking that. I like the Case 222, but not enough to keep it anymore. Not sure what I have asked for it in the past but I am asking $750 for all of it. That includes tractor, mower, front blade, fenders, 226 hood, extra front wheels, and sleeve hitch. I will get some pics of it tomorrow, but all the sheet metal is straight and paint intact (no rust issues). I am not making any money off of this at this price.

• hamman said thank you

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 07:38 AM

It is a fair deal guys! 

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale