Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Thinking About An F-250 Tell Me About Them Please

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill ONLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,636 Thanks
  • 8,520 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Dave I had a 99 F250 with a V10 and loved it until the gas prices went sky high.  We used it to pull a 28ft camping trailer and to do work around the place.  I also drove it to and from work for 6 years before I sold it our son.  Our circumstances changed and we sold the Camping trailer so with the gas prices the way they are I decided to let the truck go.  Now I wish I hadn't, it was a really good truck.  It did everything I asked it to.

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,208 Thanks
  • 29,685 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Can't say about the newer ones, but I've had my 97 F250 HD since  about 2001 or so, and no breakdown at all.  They do take some room to turn though.  Mine has the 351ci (5.7L)gas & gets 15 highway, around 12mpg around home.  Pulling around 9,000lbs it gets around 8mpg.  The older ones like mine did have a flaw, and that's the auto trans cooler being way too small.  They will overheat in a hard pull & puke atf.  I built a trans cooler from a Grand Cherokee AC condensor, and no overheating ever since no matter the heat or the load.  Newer models may have larger coolers.

• daytime dave said thank you