• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FF24GT6000Man OFFLINE  

FF24GT6000Man

• Member No: 2616
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:54 PM

I was just wondering if any of you guys have or know where I can find any old 400 series (425, 445, 455 and attachments) promo/sales video from around 1992 I believe or possibly 1995, whenever they introduced AWS. Its something I've been looking for for quite a while. I had one that I used to watch over and over as a young kid literally until it broke. Something I'd like to find just for nostalgia and I'd probably actually watch it, I love the older 400 series. I'd also be interesting in an sales tapes of the older 420 and 430 and attachments.

I've emailed several dealers, I'm guessing around 100 give or take a few. Only one claimed they had the tapes but didn't want give them up. I've tried searching to see if someone put the videos on YouTube, tried looking  if there were any for sale Ebay, even contacted Deere themselves. Nothing.

#2 Michi-Ken OFFLINE  

Michi-Ken
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 38287
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Here is a stretch. If you could contact that one dealer that says they have some of those old tapes. Ask them to do some digital photos of the covers and backs. My guess is that Deere did not produce them internally, but had them produced by a company. Maybe on the backside of the cases it would show the name of the video production company. Then you could contact them and see if they had archives or might be a will produce a digital copy for you for free.

You might try to even search the web for John Deere production companies or contact Deere and ask them. Tell them you work for a giant dealer and you've got some customers that want to buy these tapes everything works around money nowadays. You need to find somebody at Deere that worked in the marketing department during that time when those promo videos were produced. You could try going to Facebook and searching for people that work for Deere and send them emails inquiring for people in the marketing department for the reason you are looking for tapes.

A second reason for getting photos of the case and covers would be that Google has software now that it will search the web based on an image. I think the software is called Google goggles. It is designed to take an image say a painting or a cover to a product you would see in the store then scan the Internet for the same type of image.

Sorry if this is too much information but I am a hunter and it sounds like you got a fun project.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 06:21 AM

Have you done a search on the JD publications site? It is generally used for manuals but there might be sales info there as well. Perhaps a dealer could search for sales info.?