Rebuilding A Oh160, Need An Oversize Piston

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mbachand OFFLINE  

• Member No: 723
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hello, This is my first post here.  I'm helping someone restore a Sears tractor.  I'm rebuilding the OH160 Tecumseh engine and need an oversize piston and rings, preferably .020, p/n 34513 with rings or 32240B without rings.  I believe this is the same piston, 3.5" bore, as HH150 and HH120.  Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated, they seem to be getting a bit hard to find, I just missed an auction for 8 of them on ebay!   I also need an intake valve.  The gasket and seal kits seem like there are still a few around.  Thanks,  Maurice

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,638 Thanks
  • 8,520 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Welcome to GTtalk Maurice.  Check with our site sponsors, they have helped me find some hard to get items.  If they can't help ya, I'm sure others will be along with some advice.

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:48 PM

I just did some searching and only found one place so far that shows it is still available. Here is the link so you can check them out

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have your gasket set, 33516.

I do not have an intake valve, 33505 standard.

The piston number is 32240 for the piston and rings assembly, not the other way around.  I don't have that either.

Parts for an OH are getting harder to find.  I might have a guy who I can get them from, though: PM me if you want me to check.

Ben W.

#5 mbachand OFFLINE  

• Member No: 723
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the help.  I tried that link above and like most sites they list the part, let you order it and then say it is no longer available.  I did find a last one from "Small Engine Warehouse". It was p/n 34513 with pin and rings.  I had them check the condition and they said it was new and in new condition.  I asked if it said "020" on the top and he said it did not.  I have seen a picture of a .010 piston and it had "010" on the top.  Has anyone seen one of these oversize pistons without any markings?

Thanks,  Maurice

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,665 Thanks
  • 28,317 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:04 AM

Now this isn't the end all in pistons, but I think every OS piston I've seen had the number on it.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,415 Thanks
  • 4,880 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yea, these Tecumseh parts are getting hard to find, I dread the day if any of mine bite it. Us owners are going to have to start researching a lot of manufacturers to see if any other automotive/motorcycle parts will cross over.

I do remember reading a while back somewhere, a guy found that a piston from an old Lincoln motor, I'm talking 50's-60's &  was same size as one of the Tecumseh motors. Didn't bookmark so no idea where I read it.

#8 drbish ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,139 Thanks
  • 1,141 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 05:56 AM

This site says they have one available 32240b