• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 collinsfab OFFLINE  

collinsfab
  • Member No: 38325
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey fellas! I am new to your site, and need a little help with my gt! Have recently traded for a really nice 318. Only 750 hrs on the clock, and in great shape. But cant seem to get the carb to run right, and the transmission slows down when you turn. Have ordered a new needle and seat from Jack's, and hope that fixes the carb. Just would really like to figure out the hydro so i can start using this machine! I cant locate the numbers on this tractor, but found all the numbers on the engine. this is my first deere gt, with all hydro! Need a lil help, please. Thank you in advance for any help!
  • A.C.T. said thank you

#17 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 11:38 AM

:welcometogttalk:

Howdy!  Glad u found this site.  A bunch of great folks here with a common interest....old garden tractors!

It slows down when u turn a corner?   That is odd. Fixing the carb may solve the problem.   Does it whine when you drive it, does it whine more when u turn a corner?  Have u checked the tranny fluid level it it?

It could easily be that a spark plug wire is not making connection, or u have a bad spark plug or coil, and you are only running on one cylinder.  Another thing that is important in those old Onan motors, is the oil level full?  do u have compression in both cylinders?  A worse case scenario power loss problem is that onans sometimes can break a connecting rod on one piston but still run with only one  working. 

I hope u find the problem to be a simple carb thing or spark plug wire.  

When u get the chance, post some pics of your tractor please!

#18 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:43 PM

It isn't a true deere, it is missing the deere emblem on the front, other than that it is a sharp looking tractor.

Dick

I didn't have the Deere emblem,but Santa brought it for me the 1st Christmas after I got the tractor.

Harlan

#19 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:55 PM

It isn't a true deere, it is missing the deere emblem on the front, other than that it is a sharp looking tractor.

Dick

Dick,

Thanks for telling me as I did not notice the emblem was missing. I will absolutely get one soon.

#20 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Steve:

Congratulations on a wise buy. I love my 318 that I bought about 18 months ago. If you need them, I have the OM and tech manual on the 318, and the OM on the 50" deck. Let me know.

Harlan

Harlan,

Thanks for the offer but got both manuals with it. Also came with chains.