Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,628 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:06 PM

In Misery [Missouri] you can put car tags on an SUV and do pretty much anything - with any weight on a trailer.  You can put truck tags on an SUV but then you can't go over license rating or the GVW rating of the vehicle and DOT can harrass you any way they see fit. 

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Willie, The guy that works over by Andrews will nail your butt to the wall. a few years ago I had him stop me and it cost $630.00 for being over weight. I had my truck tagged in IN. at the time and was pulling Dad's big trailer, Tagged in GA.. In Indiana, both the truck and trailer tags carry weight, in GA. only the truck tag has the weight. So my truck, 13,000lbs didn't cover the 25,990 load. The bad thing is that guy waited for 3 days to get me.

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:47 PM

He was also busting guys cutting wood and hauling it in 1/2 P-ups. They would maybe get at that time $75.00 for a load and their tickets were $120.00. It's a wonder the DOT man is still alive..

#19 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:32 PM

They cannot ticket the Suburban unless the law is changed. I got pulled over one night with a big load because we had busted out the trailer tail lights loading it. He asked how heavy I was and I told him "very". He just laughed and then didn't give me a ticket for anything. 

They can ticket pickup truck because they are property hauling vehicle. The Suburban is a passenger vehicle. It falls through an odd loophole.

• Texas Deere and Horse and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#20 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:27 AM

ive never been stopped for hauling an over weight load with any truck im shocked

#21 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:13 AM

ive never been stopped for hauling an over weight load with any truck im shocked

Consider yourself lucky. My ex brother in law took his 3/4 ton pickup with a trailer on back that had regular tags on it (No one said he was real smart) to get a bobcat. When he loaded it up he saw a DOT officer sitting across the road but didn't think anything about it.  As soon as he pulled out of the parking lot he got pulled over and got a huge fine.

#22 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:21 AM

im guess i am lucky what is the weight thing with truck plates and how does it work?? my ranger has non comercial plates on it and ive had 1900lbs in the bed and hauled my 20ft bayliner i had with it