• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 02:41 PM

The last time I used my GT I had severe fluid leakage around the seal at the pump shaft. If you read in my http://gardentractor...f-12-rebirthed/ post I mentioned I'm certain this is caused by nicks in the shaft. The PO had problems replacing this seal & nicked the shaft. My question is this shaft available. I did some browsing & everything asks what series pump this is. It is a MF12 with Hydrostatic model # 902050 Serial # 01-HA 34905. When I first bought it after a few weeks of using I removed the shaft, emery clothed & polished the best I could then replaced the seal...still leaked. Another thought can pressure build up in this pump housing to force fluid leakage out the seal? Any response is appreciated. Thanks

Jim

seal.jpg

#2 bschenk OFFLINE  

bschenk
  • Member No: 8648
  • 27 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 03:44 PM

if you measure the diameter of shaft you get a thin sleeve to go over it and a new seal. I think it is called speedi-sleeve. any good auto parts can get them.

Edited by bschenk, June 13, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Here is a primer on Speedi-Sleeves by SKF.  Timkin makes a version called Redi-Sleeve.  

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:37 PM

That's a great idea guys I did some research on those & I think I will try that. I will be taking the shaft out to do this. Thanks!