9 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:58 PM

I sanded, primed and painted the rims. The Firestone wheel is stamped 05-1976, the ink stamp, or day of manufacture is 6-77. I'm going with Deestone 4.00-8 tr-ribs up front for a taller narrower tire. Those AGs are 25x10-12 and on 7 inch wide Bolens rims they crown rather than flatten out, so they measure very close to 26, had I remembered the fact that the Bolens rims were narrower I probably would have opted for the 8 or 9 inch wide tires, but they were more money, If I see a sale on them, I'll buy another set and swap these to the bigger Ariens tractor. I plan on taking the fender pan and hood off next and stripping the paint and repainting all the white.

DSCF3289.JPG

DSCF3291.JPG

DSCF3288.JPG

#2 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:11 PM

You need to start your own tire company. LOL

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Here's some CST ANCLA tires that may fit the bill:

http://www.discountu...IRES-UTV-TIRES/

I have ANCLAs on two of my Large Frames and really like them.

100_4198.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 12, 2013 - 07:27 PM.

• Arti said thank you

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Here's some CST ANCLA tires that may fit the bill:

http://www.discountu...IRES-UTV-TIRES/

I have ANCLAs on two of my Large Frames and really like them.

Not enough tread depth, about 1/3 of what the ITPs are, and I barely like the tread pattern on the ITPs because they aren't quite as close to a true AG design, the ANCLAs have even more of a ATV design. Iwill probably buy a few sets of the intercos because they offere a true tractor design and size proportion in 12 or 14 inch rim, and in case people dont know the old 14 inch Ford/Dodge rims fit nicely on most of these tractors, that way you can run a true AG design; rims taller tire and sidewalls narrower

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Not enough tread depth, about 1/3 of what the ITPs are, and I barely like the tread pattern on the ITPs because they aren't quite as close to a true AG design, the ANCLAs have even more of a ATV design. Iwill probably buy a few sets of the intercos because they offere a true tractor design and size proportion in 12 or 14 inch rim, and in case people dont know the old 14 inch Ford/Dodge rims fit nicely on most of these tractors, that way you can run a true AG design; rims taller tire and sidewalls narrower

Tread pattern aside, 1/3 the depth?  Those Ancla tires have a .75" tread depth.  The ITPs would have to be 2.25" deep for that to be true :D :D  

Edited by OldBuzzard, June 12, 2013 - 08:08 PM.

• OkieGt said thank you

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Tread pattern aside, 1/3 the depth?  Those Ancla tires have a .75" tread depth.  The ITPs would have to be 2.25" deep for that to be true :D :D

The ANCLA tires say they have a .75 tread depth, just wondering are they measuring from the inside of the tire, lol, Here's a picture of the ITPs tread, in comparsion the ANCLAs doesn't looks very deep, maybe yours have worn down, that would concern me. The ITPs tread is every bit 1-1/2. Lack of tread depth and soft easy wearing tires is why I don't buy Deestone's or lower rated 2 or 4 ply tires. The "rated" 4 ply does not mean they are actually 4 ply. I use my tractors to plow almost an acre garden, more to come, I want them to dig and I want them to last. Daniel has given them the olcowhand seal of approval for just this reason. I'm glad your happy with the ANCLAs, I just wanted something more aggressive, long lasting, and closer to a tractor tire design, that's all.

DSCF3292.JPG

As a side note, if anyone doesn't know, I have alot of vision problems going on, sometimes I see "better" than other times, not very well at all. I went back and looked at old buzzards tires and they seem like they have alot more tread than when I first looked at them, and I seem to like the pattern better. This vision thing has been going on for a few years, it's really driving me (hopefully not you guys) crazy

Edited by OkieGt, June 12, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#7 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:58 PM

The ANCLA tires say they have a .75 tread depth, just wondering are they measuring from the inside of the tire, lol, Here's a picture of the ITPs tread, in comparsion the ANCLAs doesn't looks very deep, maybe yours have worn down, that would concern me. The ITPs tread is every bit 1-1/2. Lack of tread depth and soft easy wearing tires is why I don't buy Deestone's or lower rated 2 or 4 ply tires. The "rated" 4 ply does not mean they are actually 4 ply. I use my tractors to plow almost an acre garden, more to come, I want them to dig and I want them to last. Daniel has given them the olcowhand seal of approval for just this reason. I'm glad your happy with the ANCLAs, I just wanted something more aggressive, long lasting, and closer to a tractor tire design, that's all.

attachicon.gifDSCF3292.JPG

As a side note, if anyone doesn't know, I have alot of vision problems going on, sometimes I see "better" than other times, not very well at all. I went back and looked at old buzzards tires and they seem like they have alot more tread than when I first looked at them, and I seem to like the pattern better. This vision thing has been going on for a few years, it's really driving me (hopefully not you guys) crazy

Sorry to hear about the vision problems! But don't worry about us going crazy over it. I know myself and I sure hope all of out great members would never get upset over something like that! Have you had them checked?

And on a lighter note, if you need someone to look at something and describe it to you just ask me and I'll try and help. :D

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 10:21 PM

I had cataract surgery and week later one of my retinas detached, and they "fixed" it, a week later the other eye did the same, I cant seem to get the two eyes on the same page, some days are better than others, but I cant see up close or if there is any shade or shadows, not at night at all. I got pissed at the VA when they said, "these things happen all the time" my comments were on par with my past history and since then they haven't returned my phone calls, I quit calling almost six months ago. I think it's helping me with patience and humilty, one can only hope.

• chris m said thank you

#9 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Wheels and tires look good! I wanna do the same thing, waiting on fathers day to get a new sandblaster...then its on!
  • OkieGt said thank you

#10 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 11:39 PM

My wheels had hardly any rust, insides were like new, no reason to blast. I bought this tracor as she sits, I''l put new tires on the front and she'll be ready to go

Edited by OkieGt, June 12, 2013 - 11:40 PM.