#16 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:49 AM

just so i'm clear, it's NOT just a trailer hitch, but one that can adjust 'pressure' to the implement?

On a plow lets say, you can adjust the side to side angle and also the angle of how deep the point is digging in the ground by using center link. As for pressure, the manual 3 pts use " strong arm" pressure!!!

thanks for posting the picture, I could not get them to save properly to be able to post on site.

Edited by TAHOE, June 13, 2013 - 11:50 AM.

• GT5k6spd said thank you

#17 GT5k6spd OFFLINE  

GT5k6spd
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31018
  • 37 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:40 PM

No it's not just a trailer hitch.  Tahoo showed a good example with the picture of the garden plow.  You use the hitch to raise it so it doesn't plow going across your lawn, and lower it to plow each row.  The hitch has adjustments to set the plow at the correct depth and pitch.

On a plow lets say, you can adjust the side to side angle and also the angle of how deep the point is digging in the ground by using center link. As for pressure, the manual 3 pts use " strong arm" pressure!!!

thanks for posting the picture, I could not get them to save properly to be able to post on site.

perfect.  that explains how i can do a disc harrow. 'cuz that's gonna be my new magical trick for next spring!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3 point, sears hitch, lift handle