I spent the day working on making a new blade for my Dads Custom 10XL, The blade that came with it is small and it doesn't angle. This blade (1st picture) I have had for awhile and didn't know what Sears GT it went to, plus it was rusted out. But after looking at the mounts I noticed it is for a Sears custom. So I decided to resurrect it for Dad. I just got done rebuilding the mower deck, I'll post on that another time.
First I had to remove the old rusted blade. That was fun! Man there must have been 80 spot welds lol. I popped them all off with multiple pry bars, as I was trying to not make a lot of noise (people were sleeping)
Next I cut my new piece (15 1/2" x 42") This old Milwaukee cut through this like it was butter, I was going to use the Plasma torch but decided to try this 1st. This is 1/16" thick.
Next I decided to form the blade in my little hydraulic press. It worked great for this!
Here it is clamped in place, and a shot of the old and new blade.
This is were I left off for tonight. Next it will be primer and paint on the frame before I spot weld this together.