2 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,525 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 08:13 PM

SItting around and thinking what I can do when my finger gets better, which by the way may not be until winter??!!, I was thinking I have a walkbehind mower out back with a bad motor. I have two 3/4" 36" steel rods, a 8' lenght of 3/4" black pipe and 4 tires and wheels (fronts from Huskavarna Lt) and a bunch od angel iron and bolts etc. lying around. I have a Hobart Handler Mig welder thast sits on the floor in the garage and a gas tank sitting against the wall. I need a way to move my welder without having to carry it. I don't like the flimsy welding carts and I can't afford a more expensive one. I figure I will remove the motor make a angle iron frame the size of the welder and fasten it to the mowerdeck to sit the welder on. Cut out a circle on the back add a plate and reinforce it with more angle iron to hold the tank. Use the black pipe to put between the sides of the mower to put the axels (3/4")  rod and put tires and wheels on them. I have a paved approach to my front garage but gravel and chrushed limestone approach and floor in the rear (new) garage, it would make it easier to move around and I wouldn't have to worry about my welder and tank sitting on the floor.

Sorry, no pictures at this time my hand still hurts. Just figuring at this time. I haven't got the deck painted and back together yet due to my finger. Hopefully next week to finish that. I will get some pictures when i get it in the garge and show the progress. What do you guys think of this. Any ideas good or bad idea I'm playing with? Thanks. Roger.

• boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 09:46 PM

It sounds like a great idea to me! I think that would work great as a welding cart! Good luck :thumbs:

• hamman and larryd have said thanks

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:28 AM

That sounds like an option! Whatever works! Remember it's not junk if it serves a purpose!!