Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Allis 716H followed me home / help with hydro question.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 08:05 AM

I would have to look at one and see just what you have to push on. It's been a couple years since I had one out. I think you just have to work the poppet part back up through the top cap part where it comes out the top.

I was hoping that you weren't going to say that??? with the poppet being in I don't have anything to grab onto.I was thinking that what I might have to try is to use hydralic pressure to try and push it out.This is my plan.I'll get a black pipe fitting and see if the valve will thread into it?? I'll have to add in pipe or fittings to make sure that its long enough to beable to put a quick connect fitting on or a hose that has one on.Then hook it to a hydralic pressure like on my MF1655 hyd.pump for the loader and turn the pump over by hand to see if it will push the poppet out.I'll turn it by hand as I'll be deadheading the pump and don't want to screw anything up.I'll try this later today and let you know what happen's.Larry

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 05:29 PM

I've been told they will pop back up upon starting the engine. If tight with corrosion they may not. I would crank it up, then tap gently with small hammer to try to free them.

#18 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 06:11 PM

I've been told they will pop back up upon starting the engine. If tight with corrosion they may not. I would crank it up, then tap gently with small hammer to try to free them.

Thanks Dan I'll have to try it once I get the new[used] motor put into it.I was kinda hoping to stick the valves back in and spin the hydro with a drill to make sure that it actually will move.I'd hate to go through all the trouble of sticking another motor back in and find out that the hydro won't drive.I do have to take the BGB out and see whats wrong as there's way to much backlash on the shafts plus the front seal is leaking so I'll need to get that fixed up as well.Just kinda doing things slowly and checking and repairing what needs to be done.Larry

#19 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 06:22 PM

That sure is a real nice buy that you made. Sturdy looking tractor. Good luck on your winter project. I know you will keep us posted on the progress.